May 19, 2007
1. I’m not a particularly emotional person but I’m a sucker for words, in particular song lyrics. A few songs that have made me cry: “Hard to find a friend” by Tom Petty, “Anything” by Jay-Z (Jay-Z has two songs called “Anything,” I refer to the one on Vol. 3: Life and Times of S. Carter) and “Nothing Else Matters” by Metallica.
2. I read gossip sites Perez Hilton and The Superficial every day despite the fact that I don’t really watch TV or go to movies and so don’t know most (nearly all, really) of the celebrities covered on these sites.
3. My brother once said to me “you’ll hang out with anybody!” He didn’t mean it as a compliment. I give almost everyone a chance, even if they are obviously very different from me. I’ve only ended 4 friendships in my life. Some I miss, some not.
4. I think a lot of people are good looking but I’m very rarely actually attracted to anyone.
5. When I was a kid and would try to picture my future husband, I’d always picture a blonde cowboy.
6. I’ve lived in Boston, Scotland, DC, Philadelphia, Georgia and Colorado for periods of time ranging from one month to five years. The only place I can now picture myself living, outside of New York, is Las Vegas.
7. My two biggest addictions are the internet and coffee. I only have one cup a day but it’s an absolute necessity. The day doesn’t begin until I’ve had my coffee.
January 20, 2007
Dawn tagged me for a meme and, well, since it’s the weekend and the only *big* news is that Hillary has announced her candidacy for president, I figured what the hay. Meme completed after the jump.
September 26, 2006
I deleted the meme. I think it’s my first time ever purposefully deleting a post. I just felt a little sick whenever I looked at it. Sorry.
March 9, 2006
Thanks a lot, Dawn.
My nickname: A lot of people call me K. My best friend Laurie calls me ‘Ka’. A couple of people call me Special K and my friend Fisch shortens it to Speck. Peter calls me Kaitchka. It’s a Russian thing.
My hometown: Brooklyn, put ya lighters up.
My team: The Yankees. I love Hideki Matsui and Bubba Crosby.
My theme song: Anything by Guns-N-Roses puts a bounce in my step. ‘You Could Be Mine’, ‘Anything Goes’, ‘Locomotive’ are all theme song possibilities.
My drink: Absolut mandarin with cranberry juice.
My occupation: Political PR.
My spare time: I play a little poker. I also play a Russian card game called Klabber. Dawn recently informed me that poker legend Stu Ungar used to play Klabber. I find that sort of fitting.
My hiding spot: Under my covers.
My book: I’ve decided that I am the way I am in life because of the book ‘Lulu’s Back In Town’, a children’s book I read when I was a kid.
My hero: I just did this on My Space, so I’ll copy it here: Ronald Reagan, Herman Cain, Wayne LaPierre, Greg Raymer, My brother.