August 3, 2012

Yes, really

I’m for gay marriage, and not into Chick-fil-A’s food, but I love the 1st Amendment and that’s why I defend them, my latest for WNYC’s It’s A Free Country.

Comments

I’m not particularly “anti-gay marriage” myself, but I’m disgusted by the narrative progressives use to bash any dissent or debate.

For the last 5,000 years, and up until just about 10 years ago, gay marriage was a non-issue for 99.9999% of society. And frankly, it will probably be ignored by 99% of society once it becomes the norm.

But the narrative has to be, “if you disagree with anything we say you’re a hateful nazi”, end of story.

Posted by: Snoop-Diggity-DANG-Dawg at August 3, 2012 at 2:37 pm

A lot of old garbage. You can say what you like, but if you say something I don’t like, I will use my feet to do business with your competitors. You can still say what you like, but my money will not be in your pocket.

Posted by: Old Grumpy Tired at August 4, 2012 at 12:43 am

8/10 Stat Check:17 weeks since the name ‘Romney’ was used by Karol on this site. 28 weeks for the name ‘Mitt Romney’. Pretty much sums up the love.

Posted by: Old Grumpy Tired at August 10, 2012 at 6:36 am

I do not need to “love” my presidential candidate and I am thrilled with the Paul Ryan pick. I’ve just got a lot of other stuff going on but I’ll have a piece up later today that will say Mitt Romney’s name at least twice. ;-)

Posted by: Karol at August 15, 2012 at 12:43 pm

Good :) i feared it was a love that dare not speak it’s name.

Posted by: Old Grumpy Tired at August 15, 2012 at 3:43 pm

As to Ryan: am not so sure. the right shift will please the GOP faithful, but winning an election needs more than just them. I also worry that Romney is his own albatross. If he were a menu option, that option would not be selling that well.

Posted by: Old Grumpy Tired at August 15, 2012 at 3:48 pm

Ryan is “right shift” only on the issue of “we have no money so it’s best we stop spending.” If that’s far right these days, I think that’s ok.

Only used Mitt’s name once but ended up writing a different piece than I had in mind.

Posted by: Karol at August 15, 2012 at 6:37 pm

No, he’s a right shift on lots of stuff. Abortion, Medicare for 2. He’s also a Ayn Rand Fanboy.

Posted by: Old Grumpy Tired at August 17, 2012 at 6:57 am