October 9, 2011

Prediction 2012

Whenever I go on a run of predictions where I’m right a lot, which has been the case recently though I admit I was wrong when I believed Pawlenty would go further in the race than absolutely nowhere, I usually go out on a limb and let myself make a wild and crazy prediction that may very well be incorrect. In my latest for WNYC’s A Free Country I predict who the Republican nominee for president will be and it’s not front-runner Mitt Romney.

Comments

I predict that Obama will not lose, unless the GOP pulls a completely new approach from out of nowhere.

Posted by: Lt. Oilybird at October 9, 2011 at 4:17 pm

I see Cain and Bachmann are undermining Romney for… well for being Mormon (and sorta not being Christian is the inference I suppose). And so it goes for ol’ Mitt.

Posted by: Lt. Oilybird at October 9, 2011 at 8:47 pm

Hello Karol,
We enjoyed reading your blog articles (Alarming News).
Would you be interested participating as a guest writer on our blog Publictrough.com?
It’s really easy to do, you could use the same articles you post on your blog.
We are always looking for talented writers to share their opinions of any political persuasion on a wide variety of current political topics to get the word out to as many people as possible to ensure a better America by educating and informing the public.
Take a look at our site and see if you would like to participate.
Thank you for your consideration.
Dan
Webmaster@publictrough.com
Publictrough.com

Posted by: Dan at October 10, 2011 at 12:17 pm

Lt. Oilybird,
When did Bachmann or Cain bring up the religion of either of the Mormon candidates, Romney and Huntsman.
I know the media has attacked Bachmann on her faith, repeated and openly.

Posted by: RonL at October 10, 2011 at 4:20 pm

Yeah, Oilybird, got any examples?

Posted by: Karol at October 10, 2011 at 6:55 pm

*Sigh*
CNN Sunday, when asked (by Candy Crowley) the direct question “Is Mitt Romney not a Christian” both of them dodged the answer.
The answer of course is that Mormons are Christians, not a “cult” (quoting Robert Jeffress who introduced Perry at the Values Voter Summit, who has also said Romney is not qualified to be prez because mormonism is a cult).
I noticed them making no attempt to dispel this spurious notion, because to do so might help Mitt. Hence ‘undermine’, not ‘attack’. It is such bs

Posted by: Lt. Oilybird at October 10, 2011 at 7:43 pm

Sorry, RonL, you may have asked a question (no ‘?’) which implied I had made a claim; that “Bachmann or Cain bring up the religion of either of the Mormon candidates, Romney and Huntsman.”
I never said anything of the sort.

Posted by: Lt. Oilybird at October 10, 2011 at 7:47 pm

Cain and Romney have a very friendly relationship. I half-jokingly tweeted that it seems like Cain has a deal to be Romney’s VP and got a lot of responses concurring that that’s exactly what it seems like. See:

Posted by: Karol at October 10, 2011 at 7:54 pm

Also, I like Cain’s answers: http://www.therightscoop.com/herman-cain-%E2%80%9Ci%E2%80%99m-not-running-for-theologian-in-chief%E2%80%9D/

Posted by: Karol at October 10, 2011 at 8:50 pm

That’s the same interview! The one where he dodged answering the question!

Posted by: Lt. Oilybird at October 11, 2011 at 3:55 am

And Cain is a real poster child for religious tolerance. Ask any muslim! Ask someone from Ubeki beki beki stan.

Posted by: Lt. Oilybird at October 11, 2011 at 7:55 pm

Oilybird–If the Europeans don’t hurry up and get their financial pain train out of the station all that bad news is going to hit in the middle of next year. (I mean, it’s pretty obvious Sarkozy is playing for time to try and push things past _his_ election and nevermind what it does to Obama’s.) Given that every month they delay allegedly makes things much, much worse (interest is a b*tch that way), you could see unemployment above 10% due to the ensuing double dip. Tell me again how the GOP candidate loses in that situation short of sacrificing a virgin live on stage during the second Presidential debate?

Oh, and just to be clear, any scandal you suggest better happen live, as the majority of people have accepted the press is in the tank for Obama. Note how the Perry story didn’t sink him despite all the breathless “He’s a RRRRAAAAACCCCCCIIIISSSSTTTT talk.” (To which most GOPers replied, “He’s not a ROOOOOOMMMMNNNEEEEYYYY.”)

Posted by: James at October 11, 2011 at 8:36 pm

You might be right, Karol, but if election happened today, I would still vote for Gary Johnson

Posted by: Tatyana at October 12, 2011 at 3:23 pm