October 6, 2011

Tonight!

I’ll be on NY1 tonight at 7 and 10pm discussing social media and the Occupy Wall Street protests.

UPDATE: Here is the video. Dorian and I talk a lot more after the break.

Comments

any way to see it online?

Posted by: pn at October 7, 2011 at 2:23 am

We love the Arab Springs and the Orange revolutions, but Wall Street (and everywhere else) NOOOOOOOOO!

Posted by: Lt. Oilybird at October 7, 2011 at 4:14 pm

I must admit I’ve been wondering what your take was on this. Occupy Wall Street and Jeff Mangum gives you a free concert, one of his first in more than decade; go to a Tea Party rally and you’re branded a hopeless racist.

Posted by: mike at October 7, 2011 at 4:51 pm

Go to an occupy meet and the tea party say you are attacking freedom. Perhaps they should remember what the Boston Tea Party was about. And there are no gun-toters.
As to being branded a hopeless racist; Show me some of this branding on Fox or CNN (or any other media outlet) which is not backed up by somebody being hopeless and racist. Please.

Posted by: Lt. Oilybird at October 7, 2011 at 6:23 pm

Oilybird, by the same token tell me where anyone has said the Occupy people are “attacking freedom”. And comparing them to Arab Spring protesters is ludicrous. These are people living in a free country, they are not fighting for freedom, they’re not sure what they’re fighting for at all.

My ultimate take on the Occupy people are that they are misinformed, misguided, frustrated people who think that Wall Street is the cause of their misery when in fact it is government. I also think it’s people who have a lot of time on their hands and enjoy protesting anything.

Posted by: Karol at October 9, 2011 at 12:19 pm

GOP rep Paul Broun 3 days ago on ABC:
“They don’t know why they’re there. They’re just mad,” Broun told us. “This attack upon business, attack upon industry, attack upon freedom – and I think that’s what this is all about.”

UmmKay?

Still waiting for my answer. Try Google for ‘OWS aims’; you may not agree, but at least you will hear what they are saying themselves.

Posted by: Lt. Oilybird at October 9, 2011 at 4:10 pm

Well done oily, that quote was phat. Respect.

Posted by: Mahatma Coat at October 10, 2011 at 8:09 pm

Also, mike, go to OWS and you won’t get mentioned on the mainstream media for months

Posted by: Lt. Oilybird at October 11, 2011 at 3:57 am

That Liza womyn yapps too much.

Funny how the Andrew guy did not mention that demonstrators protesting evil corporations, by logic, are protesting his beloved social media. Somebody should have asked him if he thinks Twitter is a profitable corporation and what their profits are, precisely. Is Facebook a profitable company and what its profits are.

Posted by: Tatyana at October 12, 2011 at 2:19 pm

Liza put her points across relevent or not ;)
It was funny when Dorian had to backtrack from praising when he realised they were not talking about the Tea Party. Because it aint right unless a partisan hand guides it along I assume.

Posted by: Lt. Oilybird at October 15, 2011 at 9:07 am

BTW, anyone manage to find that footage yet? Somebody being branded a hopeless racist for attending a Tea Party rally. Anyone? (Obviously someone actually being hopeless and/or racist will not back up the claim mike made).

Posted by: Lt. Oilybird at October 15, 2011 at 9:10 am