May 10, 2011

Yes, he has

My latest post for WNYC’s A Free Country is on people urging Chris Christie to run: he’s great but hasn’t Obama taught us experience counts?

Comments

Whom do you have in mind when you mentioned politicians with leadership experience?

Posted by: Tatyana at May 11, 2011 at 7:10 am

I don’t know. I don’t have a candidate I favor yet, kind of looking to see how the race takes shape. Anyone you like right now?

Posted by: Karol at May 11, 2011 at 12:43 pm

So far – no.
But I don’t think Christie is comparable to Obama, in terms of inexperience. 1st, he is a real court lawyer (vs. the “paper” one, like Obama). He can plan like an executive, strategize and he demonstrated results. He can explain his actions in clear simple terms, gaining support. He can offer argumentation, not only proclaim. He can budget. In short, he’s an adult.

Naturally, I’d prefer someone who had time to be better known to the rest of the country, but if push comes to shove in 2012 and we have, say, Romney vs. Christie, I’d prefer the latter.

That’s theoretical, anyway – I can’t vote in Republican primaries.

Posted by: Tatyana at May 11, 2011 at 1:37 pm

Experience be damned. Christie is a muslim sympathizer in the same mold as Obumma.He appointed a muslim to a judgeship.Sharia anyone?

Posted by: warlord at May 11, 2011 at 1:43 pm

Wl, thanks for pointing that out. To say that I’m shocked is to put it mildly.

Posted by: Tatyana at May 11, 2011 at 6:33 pm

Huckabee/Rubio….book it!

Posted by: Larry at May 12, 2011 at 10:17 pm

Palin/Ryan. Now that’s a good looking ticket.

Posted by: Scot at May 13, 2011 at 4:59 am

[...] his record on other issues. For the record, I’ll say I got disappointed in his ever since it was pointed out to me how his attitude towards Islamic expansion into this country repeats exactly the nauseating [...]

Posted by: RINO is a misnomer « Скрипучая беседка at February 2, 2013 at 10:57 am