March 21, 2011

Why are we bombing Libya?

I don’t know, I don’t think our president does either.

My latest post for WNYC is on the empty suit president and his minor war:

That we know zero about our purpose in Libya, the president’s rationale toward this war, what we may consider a win, all of it actually fits in with that empty suit who campaigned to be our president and who, in a time of confusion we actually chose. Are we removing Gadhafi? And replacing him with who, exactly? Will we build up the areas we bomb afterward? Is a Libyan democracy the end-goal? Do we have goals? Why is our president still in Brazil when we’re at war?

All good questions Obama will answer with a “let me be clear” followed by no clarity at all.

Comments

Because people wanted a no-fly zone. That’s why we’re bombing Libya. I love how Britain and France are straight up after regime change (see Brit missiles into Quaddafi’s compound) and we keep saying we just want to stop him from slaughtering his people. Bringing CAS onto all of his armor and clearing the way for the rebels is _not_ protecting civilians.

Posted by: James at March 21, 2011 at 9:44 pm

Let me be clear, Barry has no clue.

we’d be alot better off if Hilary was president….as scary as that sounds.

Posted by: Larry at March 22, 2011 at 11:23 am

hey ok let me say something i am 18 and i know little about the world but what whould hilary do that pres. obama isn’t trying to do??? pres. obama is trying everything in his power to try and be a good and just president and people around the world are giving him hell. personally i am sick and tired of people bad mouthing what he does. we as a people chose him so people that didnt pick him need to suck it up. i went to the inaguration and i was cheering and celebrating that for once a black man was to even be elected into the presidental ballot so please as a favor to all that support him…Shut up Thanks
and if you wanna write me for anything heres my email.
lockhartdemorie@gmail.com

Posted by: Demorie` L at March 22, 2011 at 4:01 pm

p.s. if pres obama did something it was for a reason

Posted by: Demorie` L at March 22, 2011 at 4:02 pm

Wow…I never would have thought you were at that age in life where you thought people who disagreed with you could just “suck it up.”

Posted by: James at March 22, 2011 at 9:59 pm

James, I don’t understand the “suck it up” reference.

Posted by: Karol at March 23, 2011 at 10:22 am

Oh, sorry, I thought it was to me, not to the 18 yr old who doesn’t think we should question the president.

Posted by: Karol at March 23, 2011 at 10:23 am