January 9, 2011

The atrocity in Tucson

My latest post, on the disgusting mob mentality blame game over yesterday’s shooting, and also examples of all the times liberals have been wrong like this before, is now up at WNYC.

Comments

reading through shitstorm in the comment thread there I started to have doubts about the term “lunatic left fringe”.

it doesn’t look a fringe anymore

Posted by: Tatyana at January 10, 2011 at 12:49 pm

The blogs most criticized have removed the so-called “incitement” pages (including that map). I think that says something. Giffords (on 3/10 last year) spoke of her unhapiness with the map using crosshairs.
If you stoke the crazy fire, you may get some crazy flames.
I do not think Palin is responsible, but she is not a person we should listen to, for so many reasons.
I feel for the families of the dead and hope Giffords recovers.

Posted by: Capt. Oilybird at January 10, 2011 at 1:29 pm

“I think that says something.” Yes, it says liberal lunatics have lost their collective minds and the right thing to do was to remove the object of their obsession.

I love the “Sarah Palin wasn’t responsible but she did stoke the fire…for an atheist, 9/11 conspiracy theorist pothead, her natural audience.”

Posted by: Karol at January 10, 2011 at 2:11 pm

Not what I said

Posted by: Capt. Oilybird at January 10, 2011 at 6:04 pm

let’s be honest, the lunatic left was praying that this whacko was a right wing republican…they were praying he was a tea party member…they were so desperate; they were grasping at any straw possible to connect this guy to the right wing.

Barry Obama has used violent rhetoric many times..alot worse then Palin’s map.

this nonsense that the language in today’s politics is so much worse then ever before is ridiculous….the only difference between now and then is 24 hour media and the internet.

Posted by: Larry at January 10, 2011 at 8:10 pm

And, for the record, Larry despises Palin.

Posted by: Karol at January 10, 2011 at 8:40 pm

I don’t despise Palin as a person or her beliefs…I don’t like her as a presidential candidate and am annoyed she gets too much press.

Posted by: Larry at January 10, 2011 at 9:29 pm

“Barry Obama has used violent rhetoric many times..alot worse then Palin’s map.”
Both sides do it is not a good defense. Wrong is wrong, whoever does it. Maybe it should stop?

Posted by: Capt. Oilybird at January 10, 2011 at 11:24 pm

I must be missing something, but what does the current political rhetoric have to do with this shooting?…how is today’s rhetoric different from years past?

where was this outrage when bush was president?

Posted by: Larry at January 11, 2011 at 12:59 am

The Left will never admit to their own rhetoric while condemning the Right…

The Right will never admit to its own rhetoric while condemning the Left…

Which means that we are now at the mercy of how many crazies decide to start gunning for people. Because let me tell ya, if we end up with someone for the conservatives shot in the next week, things are going to start descending into “bad” really quick.

Posted by: James at January 11, 2011 at 1:10 am

Here’s what I don’t get:

Isn’t “rhetoric” what politicians do for a living? If we take that away from them, what will they have left but pandering?

Posted by: Tex in the City at January 13, 2011 at 10:32 am

Now the “Blood Libel”. A gaffe too far even for Biden.

Posted by: Capt. Oilybird at January 13, 2011 at 8:20 pm

People have blood libeled Sarah Palin. What’s wrong with her saying so? I’m proud of her that she responded how she did. She showed her strength in standing up to the idiot bullies. I respect her more than ever.

Posted by: Karol at January 13, 2011 at 11:28 pm

you’re proud the way she responded?….she responded like the amateur she is.

Posted by: Larry at January 14, 2011 at 1:54 pm