November 3, 2010

Notes from an election

Ed Morrissey has lists his best and worst moments of last night so I figured I would too.

Best win: Pat Toomey! I love me some Pat and I’m happy he’s finally in the Senate. I think he’s going to do great things. On a sidenote, I had a back and forth with Allahpundit today on twitter about the idea that voters should look at “electability” above all. While it would have been nice to win the Delaware and Nevada US Senate seats, I don’t think primary voters should concern themselves with electability as a main factor of their vote. Pat Toomey would have been senator years ago if George W. Bush and then senator Rick Santorum went with their conscience instead of with who they thought could win. Their support give Arlen Specter the edge in a very close election.

Second best win: Marco Rubio. This race polled so close but he ended up crushing Charlie Crist and Kendrick Meek with over 50% of the vote. It was a decisive, beautiful win. In fact, Florida all around was excellent. Exactly the opposite of stupid California.

Best win NY edition: Michael Grimm is the new congressman from Staten Island/Brooklyn. He was the best shot Republicans had in the 5 boroughs but I still didn’t think it was possible. Extra cool, he’s the candidate Ace of Spades focused on in his GOTV effort.

Worst loss: And speaking of California, while Sharonn Angle and Christine O’Donnell would have been icing on last night’s large cake I really thought California wouldn’t re-elect their disastrous governor from the 80’s. It’s like they never learn. The worst loss of the night was Meg Whitman. She wasn’t the greatest candidate of all time but she should have won.

What were your favorite hits or misses from last night?

Comments

Winner – Rubio, Kasich and diversity in the republican party

Loser – Toomey..just because…I agree about Cali.

Huck/Rubio 2012…learn to love it!

Posted by: Larry at November 3, 2010 at 5:48 pm

I can’t be happier with my new congressman.

Obviously elected at the behest of a vast, right wing Zionist conspiracy.

Seriously though, congratulations Congressman Grimm!

Posted by: Gerard at November 3, 2010 at 7:08 pm

I pretty much agree with your list, Karol. Still, I’m ashamed of my state, for electing all these lying bastards – Cuomo, Shumer and Co…

Posted by: Tatyana at November 3, 2010 at 10:36 pm

The best wins were FL-8 & FL-22. Goodbye Alan Grayson, hello Allen West.

The worst loss was the Oregon governor’s race. As excruciatingly painful as it was to watch Chris Dudley chuck up bricks from the foul line when he was with the Knicks, he was a great candidate and should have won.

Posted by: J.B. at November 4, 2010 at 11:19 am

The best and worst moment of the night was forcing myself to sit through a few minutes of MSNBC’s coverage. Say what you want about Fox News, at least they had Juan Williams and Joe Trippi on to balance things out a bit. Watching that “coverage” on MSNBC was sort of like watching a weird election night version of “Big Brother” filmed live in Chris Matthews basement. They deserve each other.

Another notable thing is that, even after this ass whooping, liberals still have not learned that people do not like to be told they are too stupid to understand what’s good for them. Reading some of the comments is just sad. Things like “I am so frustrated, why do people keep voting against what’s in their best interest?”. “I’m tired of hearing these election results were about the issues instead of what it’s really about: racism, fear and Glenn Beck.”

I mean, really? You couldn’t win a Senior Class Presidency when you have that sort of attitude about your electorate.

Posted by: Tex in the City at November 4, 2010 at 11:54 am

I regret to say that, owing to Padavan’s loss, I work in an area that will not be represented by any Republicans at all.

Posted by: Joseph Hertzlinger at November 7, 2010 at 2:13 am

i randomly stumbled across your blog and am i glad i did!

favorite win of the night? (disclaimer–i’m an Ohioan so i’m obviously biased. working on the campaign further makes me biased)–John Kasich. not only was he an incredibly candidate to work for, but he’s going to do some amazing things for Ohio.

Rubio, Toomey, Kirk–all excellent wins as well.

Posted by: Stacey at November 14, 2010 at 8:30 pm