August 18, 2010

What country is this?

Pelosi: let’s investigate those who oppose the mosque.

Arguing on Facebook yesterday (I know, I know, how stupid) a professor of mine from NYU wrote that his friend, whose parents had survived the holocaust had compared the opposition to the mosque to Kristalnacht. When I pointed out that that was hysterical and anyway, we all know that he who brings up the holocaust automatically loses the argument, he called me a jerk and said I had stabbed his friend in the heart. After I had stopped laughing, I wrote my last comment on the thread noting that it was time to go when I’m stabbing people in their metaphorical hearts.

There is a segment of the population, on both sides, which has turned the mosque into the end-all-be-all for political fighting. But for all the hysteria, I hear most of the absolutely insane rhetoric from the pro-mosque side. When the speaker of the house calls for an investigation of Americans, you know things have gone completely off the deep end. I hope voters remember this in November.

Hat-tip on this story to my father who called me and said “You should start supporting the mosque. Leave the opposition to me. You’re young, have a whole life ahead of you without being investigated.”

Posted by Karol at 11:48 AM |
Comments

He surely knows what he’s talking about.

pelosi et al forget one tiny phrase in small print: those who investigate quickly become subject of investigation themselves:. Example: Ezhov. Beria. Etc.

I have been trying to decipher logical thread in comparing opposition to building muslim atrocity at Ground Zero to Kristalnacht. I failed. Karol, please enlighten me!

Posted by: Tatyana at August 18, 2010 at 1:01 pm

That’s so sad.. about your Dad telling you what he said. That’s his wisdom and love.

I get that from my husband, who tells me to leave the serious promotion of anti-Islamic sites to him, because I’m a woman, his wife and the mother of his children.

Killers and politicians. We’ve a reason to fear — or at least be wary — of them both b/c of the power they hold.

On that note .. in my opinion to myself, the woman’s squakin. There’s nothing more she could do to my freedom worser than what she already did when she passed socialized healthcare, what other nations are already rejecting.. b/c it’s insane!

That sealed the deal for me.

Posted by: Veronica at August 18, 2010 at 3:53 pm

I had to hide all comments/postings from Feld on FB a long time ago. It’s too frustrating to believe that someone who is intelligent, as he is, can also be so dumb.

Posted by: sara at August 18, 2010 at 4:44 pm

It wasn’t Feld, who is at least funny in his leftism.

Posted by: Karol at August 18, 2010 at 5:17 pm

Finally, Obama and the Lefties have discovered a religion and a house of worship they can publicly support !!!

Posted by: IamTheWalrus at August 18, 2010 at 5:32 pm

The only analogy (I guess) is that it seems to be perfectly acceptable to be Anti-Islam as it was to be Anti-Semetic in late 30’s Germany. However there is no lynch mobs or destruction of property so it really is a weak comparison at best.

The scary thing is however for instance, veronica seems like a really nice person and also is a promoter of anti-Islamic websites. Replace Islam with Jew and there would be no acceptance on this blog or in America and justifiably so there is no place for that in American society. This blog is not a true reflection of “the people” but I just used some of the sentiment here as an example.

Ideally, and I am guilty of it to at times, we did not paint everyone with a broad brush for the actions of a few as is the case with this current anti-islam wave. Hopefully it is feelings stirred up because of 9/11, and concerns for Israel’s security, etc. and not a deep rooted prejudism of Muslims.

Governor Patterson is on the job though so rest assured it’ll all be ok (can I get an LOL ).

Posted by: Dan Dee Man at August 19, 2010 at 8:14 am

ddm, did you consult your buhdda’s belly before writing here?
I think you should be investigated. Who pays you for your regal “we” when there is only pelosi woman behind you?

Posted by: Tatyana at August 19, 2010 at 9:29 am

Dan, not to speak for anyone else but I would assume the “anti-Islamic” websites she meant were actually “anti-Islamist”, or against people who would force their religion onto others by way of violence. I’m not sure how many more times people can explain that they don’t hate all Muslims, or all of Islam, just the part that wants us dead. I don’t think there is a problem with being vigilant against that sub-sect. And of course it’s tied to 9/11, Americans were barely aware of the Islamic world until they flew planes into our buildings.

Posted by: Karol at August 19, 2010 at 10:30 am

Karol, I think you don’t hate all muslims.

Its tough to understand how “people” really feel when the only information I have to work with is from what they say and how they act. You can “explain” a position all you want but actions and deeds speak much louder. There is growing anti-Muslim sentiment in this country whether we acknowledge it or not.

Look at some of these posts regarding the Ground Zero Mosque, it almost always drifts to how terrible Islam is. I hate generalizations, but I would bet an entire American Dollar that Muslim-Americans are here because they wanted to get away from a lot of the bad shit that their “Muslim” brothers are doing.

I’d also like to give Americans a little more credit after Lebanon, USS Cole, Somalia and 9/11 Part I. But you are probably right.

Posted by: Dan Dee Man at August 19, 2010 at 11:47 am

There is growing anti-Muslim sentiment around the world. When Muslim terrorists hold children hostage and kill them en masse to extort concessions from local governments, who is to blame for Islamophobia, the Russians or the Muslims?

When Muslim terrorist/separatists behead little girls in Thailand, when they murder Jewish pacifists and burn hotels down in India, when the imposition of Sharia law causes millions of deaths in the Sudan, when the Taliban targets and murders healthcare workers in Afghanistan, who is to blame for “Islamophobia”? The healthcare workers? The little Thai girls?

I don’t believe that “Islam” was responsible for the 9/11 attacks, I believe that easily identifiable wealthy Saudis, working with Pakistan’s ISI and various Islamic mobs were responsible. There’s even a helpful money trail leading directly to them. But the same wealthy Saudis and Gulf state oil ticks are currently funding approximately 80% of the mosques in America (and probably an equal percentage worldwide). The cult of Wahhabism has a malign influence over the religion/legal/political system of Islam. Islam already had imperialistic dreams, and the Wahhabism is not helping.

Add Wahhaibism to the Haqqani Mob in Pakistan and the aid al Qaeda, the Taliban, etc. receive from Pakistan’s ISI intelligence group, and you have a perfect storm of raging troglodyte cruelty in the name of Islam. If Islam is upset about the crimes being committed in its name, then Islam needs to take responsibility for resolving the situation.

Posted by: Mary at August 19, 2010 at 12:53 pm

DDM: actions and deeds speak much louder

wonderful, so you do know how normal people reason (those who distinguish right from wrong)

Actions and deeds of muslims brought on them reaction they and you complain about. Their appalling actions, their murderous deeds, their savage ac, their campaign of deception and lies and their vile morals brought the “wave of anti-islamic sentiment”.

I hope the wave will turn into a storm and they will be swept with it to the dustbin of history.

Posted by: Tatyana at August 19, 2010 at 2:25 pm