July 26, 2010

I don’t get it

Poster in LA (where I’ve been for the last few days):

Poster in LA

Can anyone decipher its meaning?

Comments

Communists don’t bring peace?

Side note – how did I miss you at RightOnline (other than the fact I’m not an easy person to spot :-) ?

Posted by: steveegg at July 26, 2010 at 1:29 pm

Give Che a Chance?

Posted by: CraigP at July 26, 2010 at 2:07 pm

I was at RightOnline for literally about 20 minutes. I was in Vegas for something work-related for my husband and it was a coincidence that RightOnline was in town too. Next time, Steve!

Posted by: Karol at July 26, 2010 at 8:29 pm

Jack Nicholson, Barack Obama, Noam Chomsky, and Mr. Monopoly.

The four horsemen of the apocalypse?

Posted by: Gerard at July 26, 2010 at 8:50 pm

Karol–

In the leftist mind, Che is a peaceful guy (please recall that facts are counterrevolutionary). Che stands for pure, unsullied idealism. So, once, did Obama.

Now, our president hasn’t wound down wars, but has actually escalated the conflict in Afghanistan. The lefties aren’t quite ready to start chanting “Hey, hey, LBJ–how many kids did ya kill today?” but they’re definitely feeling like it.

Posted by: Hubbard at July 26, 2010 at 10:53 pm

It means you’re in Lost Angeles. Other semantic content: null

Posted by: mojo at July 27, 2010 at 4:56 pm

It’s just James Franco in a beret saying “peace”. Enjoy it for what it is.

Posted by: Tex in the City at July 27, 2010 at 10:29 pm

[...] were in L.A. again last weekend (my husband goes for work and I sometimes tag along) and I saw yet another sign I don’t [...]

Posted by: Yet more L.A. signs I don’t understand at August 11, 2010 at 1:17 pm

The artist is saying Obama is a socialist.

The question the “artist” is asking is – is Che for peace? Is Obama? The answer of course is no.
Its also my understanding Che was a violent med school dropout who supported coercion (as does most everyone save for anarchocapitalists)
Peace of course is impossible if one believes in statism, which is pretty much everyone.

Posted by: Avery J. Knapp Jr. at August 16, 2010 at 4:12 pm

That inihsgt’s perfect for what I need. Thanks!

Posted by: Sherry at December 16, 2011 at 4:43 am

What an awesome way to explain this-now I know everything!

Posted by: cheap motor insurance for women at December 13, 2014 at 2:54 am