June 30, 2010

Where’s the little Hitler doll?

I’ve promised no politics over on my baby blog so I’ll have to share this over here. I saw this today at ABC Home in NYC in the children’s section:

In the kid section at ABC Home

Che and Trotsky, how many people did they kill between them?

Comments

Why does the Nelson Mandela doll look like a gay version of Jim Nabors?

Posted by: Gerard at June 30, 2010 at 8:20 pm

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by nick marschel and Tweetie. Tweetie said: RT @KarolNYC: Che Guevara and Leon Trotsky toys for children: http://is.gd/daBjb SICK-OS. [What is ABC Home? American IKEA?] [...]

Posted by: Tweets that mention Where’s the little Hitler doll? -- Topsy.com at June 30, 2010 at 8:20 pm

…and Gandhi is unpleasantly surprised by this company

Posted by: Tatyana at June 30, 2010 at 8:36 pm

Surely only Vaclav Havel and Victor Yushchenko are the only revolutionaries without blood on their hands? That must be why they get ‘bloody revolution’ label. Ghandi gave a good try, but many died after self-rule happened, so no cigar.

Posted by: b s meter at July 1, 2010 at 3:02 am

I take it back. He is not “unpleasantly surprised” – look at his eyebrows.
He is SHOCKED! SHOCKED, I tell you.

Posted by: Tatyana at July 1, 2010 at 12:01 pm

[...] AlarmingNews h/t [...]

Posted by: Religio-Political Talk : Finger Puppets: Gandhi – Guevara – Trotsky – Mandela at July 2, 2010 at 3:37 am

Hitler is not there because the progressive left see’s him as “conservative”… so because Trotsky and Guevara are leftists, they must be okay.

I linked you here:

What is Fascism:

By the way. I would love to post the wedding photo of the footprints in the sand. What is the possibility of getting that to post as a picture for my “art” tag?

Posted by: Papa Giorgio at July 2, 2010 at 3:43 am

Technically Hitler wasn’t a revolutionary.

Posted by: James at July 2, 2010 at 11:55 pm

That’s kind of an odd group of people to pick out as “the great revolutionaries”. Guevara but not Mao or Washington or Boukman?

They should have called it Great Revolutionaries: Dorm Room Marxist Edition.

Posted by: Eric at July 3, 2010 at 8:06 am

I was thinking that myself, Eric. I mean, ol’ Che was good at killin’…not so much at revolution. That’s sort of why Castro sent him to South America

Posted by: James at July 3, 2010 at 9:35 am

“They should have called it Great Revolutionaries: Dorm Room Marxist Edition.”

Hahaha. That’s awesome.

Posted by: Karol at July 3, 2010 at 6:59 pm

The company that produces these dolls also produces a line of “Great thinkers” including Albert Einstien, E.A Poe, Frida Kohalo and Barak Obama.

Posted by: Warren at July 12, 2010 at 11:45 am

The Axis of Evil III set has finger puppets of Rumsfeld, Bush, Cheney, and Rice.

Posted by: KS at July 15, 2010 at 6:20 pm