March 11, 2010

People are people

I’m not into dividing the world, and men especially, into alphas and betas (like a certain blogger, ahem Allah ahem, does) but this series on the “myth of the middle class alpha male” has been entirely fascinating to me. It’s long but very worth the read, check it out.

Comments

Oh, no, Karol, the dude is not worth the read, certainly he isn’t, by now. The debate about him and the whole self-congratulatory and ultimately self (and more importantly, other clueless men-children)-misleading pick-up artists has been stale for years already. I recall the battles with/around him and his fanclub as far back as 5 years ago.

Thankfully, it’s been over and forgotten.

Posted by: Tatyana at March 12, 2010 at 5:25 pm

I’m not sure what you’re referencing in your comment, Tatyana, but if T. has a fanclub I’m pretty sure I’m in it. I find him very interesting and readable.

Posted by: Karol at March 13, 2010 at 1:34 am

I meant Roissy, of course.Who else is still talks in alpha/beta terms?

Posted by: Tatyana at March 13, 2010 at 2:02 am

Tatyana, you do realize I’m not Roissy, right?

And Karol, thanks for the linkage and congrats again on the baby.

Posted by: T. AKA Ricky Raw at March 13, 2010 at 5:25 am

T.AKA Ricky Raw: if you say so.

Posted by: Tatyana at March 13, 2010 at 9:47 am

So let me sure I get this…you’re bashing my posts, which you haven’t read, because you hate another blogger? And when I point out I’m not him, you seem to imply that I actually am?

This is downright surreal.

Posted by: T. AKA Ricky Raw at March 15, 2010 at 2:42 am

I had to google Roissy after reading these comments and he seems to kind of hate women. It’s one thing to understand human nature and play up to it, it’s another to have such negative thoughts about a whole segment of the population and act as if they are all of one kind.

Having met T. I say there is no way he is the bitter, angry guy I just read.

Posted by: Karol at March 15, 2010 at 11:59 am

T.AKA Ricky Raw: I wasn’t talking about you at all, let alone “bashing your posts”. Where do you come in into it? Stranger and stranger.

I didn’t imply anything; I was surprised by your comment. Consider mine an equivalent of shrug.

Besides – I don’t hate Roissy. We have no overlapping spheres of interest.

PS.
Ah, I think I know what’s the confusion is about. I didn’t click on link @Karol’s post!

Posted by: Tatyana at March 16, 2010 at 1:44 am