February 3, 2010

Dear Atlantic magazine,

Andrew Sullivan needs to be fired. Like, now.

UPDATE: Ace has the ultimate Sullivan take-down. It really is perfect.

Comments

That’s truly disgusting.

Posted by: Tae at February 3, 2010 at 6:16 pm

As an independent woman (and family woman) who pulled herself up by her bootstraps, Sarah Palin is an existential threat to those who worship the patriarchal state—that’s why the lefties are so deranged in their attacks upon her.

The quote about Sullivan’s favorite beverage was hilarious.

Posted by: IAmTheWalrus at February 3, 2010 at 11:24 pm

Sorry, but I got distracted by the Carly Fiorina ad. Once my head stops exploding I’ll read the rest of this.

Posted by: Gerard at February 4, 2010 at 4:21 am

That was a smack down of epic proportions. I was wondering myself when I went out anywhere with my wife and then newborn why we took my little one with us. I thought we were just supposed to let her fend for herself or have a standby nursing professional at home. What a moron. Can I say that?

Posted by: Rick at February 4, 2010 at 12:45 pm

That was heavy artillery.
(and I too, appreciated the beverage bit. if only a minute’s hesitation).
But…but…breastfeeding a 2yo? Are there women who still do that?

Posted by: Tatyana at February 4, 2010 at 12:55 pm

I don’t think Trig was 2 on the campaign trail, was he? I thought he was a newborn, or under 1 at oldest.

Posted by: Karol at February 4, 2010 at 4:27 pm

That’s what I understood from Ace’s post

Posted by: Tatyana at February 4, 2010 at 5:50 pm

I’m pretty sure Trig won’t be two until later this year.

Posted by: Alceste at February 4, 2010 at 6:11 pm

I’ll quote Ace’s passage:
“Especially if they’re breastfeeding, which I am guessing Governor Palin is.

This doesn’t even occur to him.

What does Dr. Andrew Sullivan, noted child psychologist recently called “just like Dr. Benjamin Spock, except fat and with a beard and rawmuscleglutes,” think mothers do with their 2-year-old children when they need to venture out of the home”
(underlining’s mine).

Did I misunderstand?

Posted by: Tatyana at February 4, 2010 at 10:58 pm

oops, looks like the tags are not working here.

Posted by: Tatyana at February 4, 2010 at 10:59 pm

The beverage portion had me confused for a couple of seconds. Sullivan is such a particularly stupid person that I tend to forget he’s gay.

Posted by: Perry Eidelbus at February 5, 2010 at 1:23 pm