January 26, 2010

Oh baby, baby, how was I supposed to know

I’m 6 days away from my Feb.1 due date and the baby is showing few, if any, signs that she wants to make an early entrance. I think I bullied most of you into guessing a date before my due date leaving only the following people still in the running to be right:

Petitedov- 1/28
Janice- 1/29 or 2/5 if I’m late.
Gib- 2/10

I’ve gotten to the point where I’m ok with her taking her time to get here, even though it leaves me more time for 3am freak-outs (I have no idea why they call it “nesting”, there’s nothing sweet or motherly about the unprepared feeling that creeps up on you when you’re going to have a baby–it’s more like not having studied for a big test.).

Multiple readers of this blog have asked me about our registry. While I find it tacky to post the link, I find it even tackier to respond to people individually about it. So here’s to the lesser tackiness. And if you’re a parent and see glaring omissions from our list, direction is totally appreciated.

Thanks to so many of you for checking in with me from time to time to see if the baby has arrived yet. I’ll keep you all posted.

Comments

Awww, Karol, you’re going to be a wonderful mommy. I can’t wait to see you and Shai together with her.

I never entered the baby poll… is it too late? Based on my extensive background in obstetrics and careful study of your medical charts, I guess Feb. 6 :)

Posted by: Yelena at January 26, 2010 at 1:26 pm

Haha, well, extensive background in obstetrics and careful study of my chart produces an “um…soon” prediction so you’re not doing too badly with an actual date. :-)

P.S. I know you loved my using a Britney line in the headline.

Posted by: Karol at January 26, 2010 at 4:28 pm

I remember when my daughter was born 20 years ago. My wife and I, after a week of traveling back and forth between home and Albany Medical Center (post-birth complications), finally were able to bring her home. Once we got there, we looked at each other and asked where the book of instructions were…lol. A scary yet incredibly wonderful time!

Posted by: Rob at January 27, 2010 at 7:58 am

Originally, I was trying to help ensure an early arrival by guessing late, but now my competitive instincts are kicking in.

When Xander was born early, our take was “Oh, if we’d just had those few extra weeks to get ready!” One year later, I’ve come to the conclusion that we weren’t going to be “ready” if he’d been born last Thursday.

Here’s to a healthy arrival – whenever it happends.

Posted by: Gib at January 27, 2010 at 10:15 am

I don’t know why but I have been thinking about this for two days straight. Let’s go baby!

Posted by: Tae at January 27, 2010 at 10:56 am

i have to come the conclusion that i know when shes coming. this is my third and final guess, and if she loves her aunt as much as i think she does..she will prove me right!

February 1st!

Posted by: SIL at January 27, 2010 at 2:46 pm

Feb.1, you got it, SIL.

Yes, Tae, let’s go baby!

And Gib, I blame you for this delay. YOU.

Rob, I’m almost afraid I’ve read too many manuals on childcare. I’m going to try to blank them out and wing it.

Posted by: Karol at January 27, 2010 at 10:46 pm

When buying baby bottles, make sure that it is not made in China and also make sure that it is phtalate-free.`’`

Posted by: Sienna Richardson at May 11, 2010 at 12:33 am