January 22, 2010

The reason why John Edwards can’t continue in public life?

He cares about poverty too much, obviously:

“The things he wanted to do weren’t going to be natural for continued public life anyway,” his wife, Elizabeth, told POLITICO Thursday. “He honestly cares about poverty.”

Comments

Yes, it’s true. John makes a lot of money as a civil litigator and he just can’t afford to take a pay cut—even with all of the bribes and special interest money afforded politicians—he has a 29,000 square foot home to maintain. Plus, another hungry mouth to feed. And probably a couple more mistresses on the side.

In other words, John has to continue abusing—er, I mean, practicing law. Otherwise, he will fall into poverty.

And John cares about not falling into poverty.

Posted by: IAmTheWalrus at January 22, 2010 at 2:27 pm

“He honestly cares about poverty.”

Sure. The ‘poverty’ in your pants

Posted by: Snoop-Diggity-DANG-Dawg at January 22, 2010 at 4:09 pm

Ugh. I’m so tired of Edwards and his shameless attempts to lie his way out of every mistake. When is this guy gonna go away?

Posted by: Eric at January 22, 2010 at 5:13 pm

“When is this guy gonna go away?”

Dude, I’m waiting for the MOVIE!

Posted by: Snoop-Diggity-DANG-Dawg at January 22, 2010 at 6:02 pm

I gotta agree with Snoop on this. Now that his credibility in public life has been shot to hell (well before his paternity admission), I want to see him in the spotlight as much as is humanly possible! I want to see him degrade himself until he’s nothing more than a pile of goo. I mean the full monty. Celebrity boxing, an advice column with Amy Fisher, Dancing with the Stars, in the hot tub with Snooki on Jersey Shore and guest judge on Project Runway.

Posted by: Jamie at January 22, 2010 at 8:31 pm

I thought that Edwards went over to Haiti to comfort widows.

chsw

Posted by: chsw at January 24, 2010 at 8:10 pm

This is both street smart and intelligent.

Posted by: cheap auto insurance providers at September 17, 2014 at 5:19 am