December 25, 2009

Crazy or terrorist? (An Alarming News Continuing Series)

I haven’t had one of these in a long time!  But, well, this one is just perfect for the series:  Man lights fireworks on Detroit-bound NWA Flight 253.  Says directed by Al Qaeda.

Previous:

Man’s bomb threat shuts down Port Authority in New York

Cincinnati-to-Newark flight diverted after man claims he has a bomb.

Man goes berserk on a plane, shouts that he knows Osama Bin Laden.

Man tries to open jet door during flight.

Man drives SUV into crowd of pedestrians in California

French teenager with gun threatens tourists.

Woman freaks out on airplane, implies she’s Al Qaeda, pees on floor.

Comments

Considering he’s from Nigeria-and is named Abdul-I’ll say the latter.

Posted by: Gerard at December 25, 2009 at 11:46 pm

Obviously, it’s yet another conspiracy involving Fox News, The Weekly Standard, AIPAC, and the IDF, in order to make an adherent of Islam appear to be an alleged terrorist.

Posted by: IAmTheWalrus at December 26, 2009 at 2:35 am

Good thing we’re fighting them over there so we don’t have to fight them over here!

Posted by: Doc Washboard at December 27, 2009 at 4:42 pm

I’m sure there are tons of Methodists and Mormons who attempt to blow up airliners full of people, but the media are just covering up all those stories !

Posted by: IAmTheWalrus at December 27, 2009 at 6:43 pm

Islam is a religion of peace. George W. Bush said so.

With good conservative Christian Republicans like W, who needs the Democrats?

Posted by: Von Bek at December 28, 2009 at 11:33 am

Barack Obama and Von Bek…joined at the hip.
It’s nearly 2010, and they’re both still blaming Bush.

Posted by: IAmTheWalrus at December 28, 2009 at 2:13 pm

Oh please Walrus. How many Republicans in 2002 kept blaming Bill Clinton for 9/11?

My comment on Bush and his inane “Islam is a religion of peace” comment shows how political correctness inflicts the GOP. Is the GOP better than the Dems? Sure. But it still stinks. We should not be calling Islam a religion of peace or expect democracy to flourish in the Middle East among Muslims. The Western tradition and its cornerstones-the classical traditions of Rome and Greece and the Judeo-Christian heritage-are unlike anything else in human history and one of the reasons the West has done well over the centuries.

Posted by: Von Bek at December 28, 2009 at 2:40 pm

Von Bek,

Is Bush still President ?

The Northwest Airlines terrorist’s OWN FATHER contacted a U.S. embassy in order to warn them that his son was increasingly radicalized, yet the Obama Apparatus still wouldn’t put him on a no-fly list.
This particular issue is completely DIFFERENT than Bush pushing democracy in Iraq.

You and I are in agreement about Islam—its values are incongruent with democracy.
Islam’s most devout adherents yearn for Sharia, not Edmund Burke, John Adams, or Alexander Hamilton.

But hey, in 2008, you and your cronies on the paleo-conservative wing ran around warning everyone that McCain would be no better than Obama on a full range of issues.

Obama is President—yet you’re still fighting Bush….just as Obama is doing.

If you believe Bush was too squishy, then go donate some money to Marco Rubio in Florida, Jane Norton in Colorado, the two GOP candidates taking on Reid in Nevada, Meg Whitman & Carly Fiorina or Chuch DeVore in CA, et al.

In life, there are few perfect outcomes.
Pursuit of perfect outcomes is the domain of the utopian Left.
Yet you guys on the paleo-conservative right often insist that a Republican or a conservative candidate must be “near-perfect” or you won’t support him over a left wing candidate.

William F. Buckley said he always supported the most-conservative candidate who has the best chance of winning—and I abide by that.
After all, half a loaf of bread is better than no loaf of bread.

A lot of paleo-cons were disgruntled with Norm Coleman in Minnesota, so now Al Franken is the 60TH Democratic vote in the Senate.

In November 2008, McCain was by far the most conservative candidate with the best chance of winning the White House.

I realize you didn’t vote for Obama, but I’ll never figure out how paleo-conservatives think that staying home on Election Day or voting for third party candidates with no chance of winning actually HELPS facillitate the cause of Edmund Burke.

It only risks giving devotees of Saul Alinsky access to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

Posted by: IAmTheWalrus at December 28, 2009 at 4:14 pm

I hear you. I actually did vote for McCain even though I did not care for him. Had I been in South Carolina or Kansas or New York or Illinois, I would not have voted for him and would have cast a vote for Baldwin. But I am in Florida-the purple of the purple states. And yes, I am helping out Rubio over Crist. That’s the thing. I dislike the Republican establishment-and like certain Republicans. Having said that, most of them get in power and then sell out their ideals.

Posted by: Von Bek at December 28, 2009 at 5:04 pm