December 1, 2009

Great place to visit

I’m back from L.A., which is definitely, definitely, even though I said it about Miami, the last trip we’re taking before the baby comes (due date Feb.1, taking guesses on actual date in the comment section.  I’m guessing January 15, but it might just be wishful thinking.)

L.A. was great.  The weather, the food, I just love it there.  My big restaurant suggestion from this trip is The Bazaar at my favorite LA hotel, The SLS.  If you haven’t had cotton candy foie gras, you haven’t lived.  ;-)

Cotton candy foie gras at Bazaar

Another highlight from this trip was meeting Ms. Moxie.  She is as awesome as you’d imagine.

IC insisted on taking a full-length pic of me and my nearly-8-mo belly.

K

I prefer this one, where my stomach isn’t visible, taken at my favorite lunch spot in LA, outside at Chateau Marmont:

IMG_4321

Always nice to travel, of course, but also great to be home.  Realer blogging come up tomorrow.

Comments

Aww. You look terrific!

Posted by: Darcy at December 1, 2009 at 11:18 pm

Pregnant bellies do that. Carry it with pride. (And soon, your hubby can share in carrying that load. On the downside, both of you will soon be changing diapers and wondering what a good nights’ sleep feels like.)

Posted by: Mark Poling at December 1, 2009 at 11:29 pm

Thanks, guys! Due date guesses? Although anyone guessing after Feb.1 gets a dirty look!

Posted by: Karol at December 1, 2009 at 11:53 pm

Ah yes, Karol has entered the, “No really, _out_!”-phase of pregnancy. I can hear the doctor now, “No, we really think the baby’s coming in February. Ow…ow…ow. Okay, how about January 27th and you get the scalpel out of eye?”

I’ll take January 14th.

Posted by: James at December 2, 2009 at 9:30 am

Our experience was everyone telling us “Oh, first babies are always late!” followed by Xander showing up five weeks early.

So, in my effort to ensure an early arrival, I’ll take February 10 in the baby pool.

Posted by: Gib at December 2, 2009 at 10:20 am

Why hide it? It’s a thing of beauty. Most natural thing int he world.

But, where’s your boa?

Posted by: Ren at December 2, 2009 at 10:34 am

Okay you have to explain the cotton candy foie gras? And since I don’t like real foie gras (or any kind of liver – seriously shudder at the thought)does it actually taste like foie gras?

And since you asked: January 28 for the birth date. (BTW You look great.)

Posted by: Petitedov at December 2, 2009 at 11:07 am

James, that is pretty much an accurate description of doctor visits. ;-)

Gib, I hear the same thing but the doctor keeps telling me how huge the kid is, (90th percentile in size) so that must mean the baby is ready to come out a little early. 5 weeks early would be in like 3 weeks. That would be awesome. But guessing Feb.10 gets you a very dirty look. Grr.

Ren, natural, sure. But not really into having a pot belly, gotta be honest here.

And Petitedov, I TOO hate foie gras but it’s one of their specialties so I had to try it and it was out of this world. Not sure I’d get foie gras if it weren’t covered in cotton candy but highly recommend it when it is.

Posted by: Karol at December 2, 2009 at 3:02 pm

You are looking doubly beautiful, Karol!

Posted by: Heather Robinson at December 2, 2009 at 3:29 pm

You do look hot pregnant, you should do it more often ;) !
I’m guessing January 18, and I’m putting 5 bucks on it.
and when I put 5 bucks I’m always right!
Get ready!!!
I’ve meant to ask you have taken any birthing class type things or you just gonna wing it? haha

Posted by: SIL at December 2, 2009 at 4:47 pm

Thanks, Heather! And thanks, SIL, but I think you’re just buttering me up to have a few more. :-)

Posted by: Karol at December 2, 2009 at 4:49 pm

A girl. And January 25th.

[we'll see, er?]

PS
A year from now you would not understand, why did you want this peaceful time to end ASAP?

Posted by: Tatyana at December 2, 2009 at 9:43 pm

It is a girl. ;-) I think I haven’t mentioned that on here.

A year from now either Safta or Babushka will take her when I want peaceful time. Right now, no one can take her but me.

Posted by: Karol at December 2, 2009 at 10:43 pm

Ha! Maybe I should be a street psychic. With $5 Consultations sign.

Now we’ll wait till Jan 25th and see should I order the sign or not.

Right now she’s on her best behavior, trust me. Even when she has indigestion from cotton candy foie gras!

Posted by: Tatyana at December 3, 2009 at 9:40 am

I think January 24th!

Sharon Slomo

Posted by: Sharon at December 4, 2009 at 11:17 pm

I am going to say January 29 :)

(if you are late AND i hope you arent, I say 2/5) hehe

Posted by: Janice at December 5, 2009 at 4:01 pm

[...] still hoping for an early delivery but my doctor told me this week that that’s extremely unlikely and that I should not be [...]

Posted by: Five and a half weeks left! at December 24, 2009 at 4:59 pm

[...] My prediction that the baby will arrive on Jan.15 did not come to pass. Posted by Karol at 02:16 PM | Comments Post a comment [...]

Posted by: Any day now. Maybe. at January 20, 2010 at 2:16 pm

[...] date and the baby is showing few, if any, signs that she wants to make an early entrance. I think I bullied most of you into guessing a date before my due date leaving only the following people still in the running to be [...]

Posted by: Oh baby, baby, how was I supposed to know at January 26, 2010 at 12:47 pm