October 26, 2009

Yankeeeeeeeeees win!

Arod

ALCS Angels Yankees Baseball

ALCS Angels Yankees Baseball

Much as my husband wishes it were the Cowboys, my favorite sports team is, by far, the NY Yankees.  They were always on in the background of my life, as my brother is a huge fan who went to all the victory parades, but since the time that I’ve been really following them (watching games, going to games, able to identify players), this is my first time seeing them go to the World Series.

While I’m not a Mets-hater, I’ve gotten enough anti-Yankee comments from Mets fans to say that a side prize of this World Series is that no matter who wins Met fans will be miserable.  And all is right with the world.

Let’s go Yankees!!!

Comments

I hate baseball, but anything that makes people from Massachusetts miserable affirms my belief in G-d.

Posted by: Oschisms at October 26, 2009 at 1:01 pm

Does this mean people have to endure that Spanish-language broadcast on Channel 9 for another week?

Ugh…

Posted by: Gerard at October 26, 2009 at 1:35 pm

Were you really not a following fan until after 2004? Or did you just wipe that whole episode from your mind?

Posted by: Jamie at October 26, 2009 at 1:40 pm

That was 2003 actually, but yes, you’re right, I did see them then. I was a fan, but have to admit the last 5 years were definitely a more intense fandom time for me. I actually *watch* games now, and not just in post-season.

Posted by: Karol at October 26, 2009 at 2:08 pm

Karol is a born again sports fan…or just recently born.

Posted by: Larry at October 26, 2009 at 2:18 pm

Karol is a born again sports fan…or just recently born.

Yeah. So?

Posted by: Karol at October 26, 2009 at 2:38 pm

I’m just sayin….kinda like mitt romney becoming a born again conservative….can’t take either one seriously :)

Posted by: Larry at October 26, 2009 at 3:16 pm

I’ll let you know when I care that a Huck-obsessed Tigers/Redskins fan isn’t taking me seriously.

Posted by: Karol at October 26, 2009 at 3:18 pm

Mets fans bring up 04 like they won the world series. Whats wrong with you guys? STOP HATING its not healthy. Yes the Yankees were winning 3-0 in the alcs and ended up losing to Boston in 7, so what? What does that have to do with the mets? Met fans had a chance in 2000 to actually make sense when they would talk shit but they lost to the Yankees in the WS. So the next time one of you sickos wants to talk shit about the Yankees, please remeber 2000. Now I hear Met fans are rooting for the Phillies(fyi the mets division rivals) lol Im not making this up, all these years of losing has made you mad.

Posted by: Ronnie at October 26, 2009 at 3:18 pm

don’t forget Flyers & 76ers…those are hockey and basketball teams, by the way :)

Posted by: Larry at October 26, 2009 at 4:05 pm

How come it’s the “World Series”? What other countries play in this tournament?

Posted by: bryan at October 28, 2009 at 3:50 pm

@Bryan – Canada. End of Discussion.

Posted by: Jamie at October 28, 2009 at 4:35 pm

Go Phillies! :-) I’m actually an Indians fan. Philadelphia has more ex-Indians so I’ll root for them this series. Plus they Yankees are the other team so I guess I’d be rooting for whoever the National League sent.

Posted by: Largebill at October 28, 2009 at 9:00 pm