July 21, 2009

Biden the dummy

Our embarrassing Vice President to President of Ukraine: Your women are hot!

Comments

Well, are they?

Posted by: CraigP at July 22, 2009 at 9:11 am

C’mon, who can argue with this:
Olga Kurylenko

Posted by: Gerard at July 22, 2009 at 2:47 pm

He’s not saying anything new. Ukrainian and Russian women are the most beautiful. Olga Kurylenko is ordinary compared to lots of Ukrainian girls

Posted by: Anonymous at July 22, 2009 at 11:48 pm

He’s vice president, meeting with the president of the Ukraine. He shouldn’t be talking hot chicks. If he was a Republican, this would be a huge story about what an inappropriate doofus he is.

Posted by: Karol at July 23, 2009 at 12:02 pm

Like the “I’m looking forward to that pig” from W? That was embarrassing too.

Posted by: May Dupp at July 23, 2009 at 2:08 pm

Sure, he’s the vice president. But he’s still, you know, a guy.

Posted by: Eric at July 24, 2009 at 2:24 am

Like the “I’m looking forward to that pig” from W? That was embarrassing too.
How is that embarrassing?

Posted by: Eric at July 24, 2009 at 2:28 am

If you don’t know, theres no use trying to explain.

Posted by: May Dupp at July 26, 2009 at 7:06 am

Isn’t it amazing how it’s harder to put things into words when they don’t make sense?

Posted by: Eric at July 26, 2009 at 6:26 pm

I’ll give you one aspect. The guy was our prez. He mentions a pig twice in a speech, even though the gag had bombed the first time. Didn’t he then go on to massage the German prez’s shoulders? Just my opinion, but I’ve quit jobs with bosses behaving more appropriately than that. One of his staff should have checked him at some point. I was cringing. My lefty colleague at worked loved it.

Posted by: May Dupp at July 27, 2009 at 6:37 pm

Still makes no sense to me. They were having a wild boar for dinner that night, right? Would you be embarrassed to say “I’m looking forward to that turkey” on Thanksgiving? Are you trying to say there was some kind of innuendo involved? I don’t see it. Seems like a pretty ordinary thing to say.

Posted by: Eric at July 28, 2009 at 12:37 am

Do you get the cringe-worthiness of Michael Scott?

Posted by: May Dupp at July 28, 2009 at 3:26 pm

“I understand I may have the honor of slicing the pig.”
So you think this was about Merkel, that Bush was joking about sticking a knife into her?
“I’m looking forward to that pig tonight.”
I was completely unfamiliar with the incident, but it’s perfectly clear what he was referring to, not whom, once you read the exact quotes.
You should come to a Filipino party sometime, where roasted pigs are common. But you shouldn’t have to understand the cultural significance to understand what Bush was talking about. There are a million things you can criticize the man about, but let’s do it on issues of substance, not by putting words in his mouth.

Posted by: Perry Eidelbus at August 1, 2009 at 1:50 pm