June 22, 2009

How is this not a bigger story?

South Carolina governor Mark Sanford missing since Thursday.

His wife is not worried because, get this, “the governor said he needed time away from their children to write something.” Shaaaaaaaaaady.

Comments

Hi, welcome to the South. They do things, um, a little differently down there. In other news, damn those must be some bad kids if they make the *dad* run away from home on Father’s Day weekend.

Posted by: NDS at June 22, 2009 at 4:28 pm

Sounds like rehab to me.

Posted by: baumger at June 22, 2009 at 6:23 pm

I love how the First Lady’s just unconcerned. :)

Posted by: James at June 22, 2009 at 10:04 pm

apparently he went hiking..why would he leave his kids on Father’s day though?
I never liked this guy…he seemed odd to me…he kind of reminds me of the weird defense lawyer in “My Cousin Vinny”…not joe pesci.
it’s lookin like Huck against the fraud from Massachusetts in 2012.
Huck/Pence 2012!!!!!!!

Posted by: Larry at June 22, 2009 at 11:40 pm

I never noticed he was here in the first place.

Posted by: James Taranto at June 23, 2009 at 1:13 am

Geez Larry–Father’s Day is a Hallmark holiday, not a real one. If he knew he was going to be in legislative session and this was his one chance to get away, why not take it? I’d rather have a governor who knows when/how to decompress then one that just worked at things until they dropped dead.
Could we just not talk about 2012 until after 2010? I’d like to see what the malevolent fates bring us in the way of plane crashes, scandals, weird sh*t, and changes in the world situation first, thanks.

Posted by: James at June 23, 2009 at 5:47 pm

I’m just hoping someone gets a picture of Huckabee in bed with a goat sometime soon.

Posted by: Mark Poling at June 23, 2009 at 11:10 pm

I don’t know why this was even a story—he wasn’t “missing.”
He just intentionally made himself unavailable for a few days.
Governor Sanford had informed his family and his security detail where he was going, and what he was going to be doing.
At least he didn’t fly the official State Helicopter to a Broadway show in NYC at a cost of a quarter million dollars.

Posted by: IamTheWalrus at June 23, 2009 at 11:32 pm

Well, you got this story wrong. Dropping the “Karol knows people” meter down to 89.4%

Posted by: NDS at June 24, 2009 at 7:29 am

Was I wrong? Now he was in Argentina? http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31522908/ns/politics-more_politics/

Posted by: Karol at June 24, 2009 at 11:48 am