April 23, 2009

If anyone thinks Columbia University is not a hotbed of anti-Israel propaganda

I’ve got a a number of lovely uptown bridges to sell you.

Posted by Karol at 11:49 AM |
Comments

I love how they start the article with the Dinnerjacket incident. As I remember it the only reason he made that statement was the avalanche of criticism the university received for inviting the little dwarf to speak in the first place. Bollinger is a weakling who perceives the wind to be blowing against Israel.

Posted by: Eric at April 23, 2009 at 11:58 am

Quick! Have Jane Harman call Huey Newton’s favorite Stalinist David Horowtiz so he can get some camera time!

Posted by: Von Bek at April 23, 2009 at 12:23 pm

Once again the Von Idiot is throwing around terms he does not understand.
You head hurts yet, dummy? It soon will.

Posted by: Tatyana at April 23, 2009 at 1:34 pm

Comrade Tat, the gulag girl! Long time no see!

Posted by: Von Bek at April 23, 2009 at 1:38 pm

You can’t see, Von Idiot. To see you have to have nerve endings to send a signal to the brain. Which you don’t have.
Тамбовский волк тебе “товарищ”.

Posted by: Tatyana at April 23, 2009 at 2:10 pm

Well I don’t consider you a friend either Tat but no need to bring a wolf into play.

Posted by: Von Bek at April 23, 2009 at 2:13 pm

Von Bek,
Thank you for once again proving that you are neither a Conservative nor American patriot. You support (or are at least the analogue of an anti-anti communist for) leftist deconstructionist who teaches kids to hate America and suppresses opposition, because he hates Isreal and Jews.
You primary loyalty is not America, but hatred of Israel. Don’t ever piss on Washington (and Hamilton its author) by quoting Washington’s Farewell Address.

Posted by: RonL at April 23, 2009 at 3:16 pm

If you had actually bothered to read what I said RonL, you’ll see that I am taking shots at Jane Harman for corruption and David Horowitz for his Communist background (sorry, he was a red diaper baby; a communist during his time at Columbia and yes he was a buddy of old Huey). If this professor was up for tenure at a state university or one that I had roots with, I would be up in arms. Sadly, I think the man is probably par for the course with the leftists up in Morningside Heights.

Posted by: Von Bek at April 23, 2009 at 3:22 pm

Von Bek,
I guess I misread your post. However, just as focusing on the failings of Senator McCarthy was a method the left used to discredit anti-Communism, “argumentum ad hominem” and “Tu quoque” are standard ways the left, Islamists, and useful idiots work to discredit the anti-Islamist and Third Worldist movements.
In so far as I attended Patrice Lumumba on the Hudson and run the Columbia Conservative Alumni Association, I certainly do care about this and other issues. However, as much as I joke about Columbia, Massad’s tenure decision is very controversial at Columbia. He was not given the standard unanimous vote from the Tenure Commitee (it was 3-2). It is only because the provost decided to make a special case that Massad has gotten this far.

Posted by: RonL at April 23, 2009 at 5:54 pm

Don’t call me your comrade, you filthy antisemite.
“Stalinist” is not the same as “communist”. Both are not interchangeable with “red-diaper baby”. Not all communists are/were stalinists.
I know it’s too hard for you to comprehend. That little amount of brain matter that you were born with is singed by the Jew-hatred.
I wonder why you’re still breathing. Have your liver bothered you lately? It will.

Posted by: Tatyana at April 23, 2009 at 6:30 pm

Ah namecalling, all Tat has. I indicted her with quotes from her blog earlier which revealed a stunning ammount of bitterness to people of all faith. It’s sad.
Having said that, I agree that Stalinist and commie are not the same thing and I have no problem saying Horowtiz was both. Read some of Horowitz’s earlier works (before he and Collier did family histories) namely “The Free World Colousus.”
Ron, yeah I usually do not like to call out the promotion policies of private institutions that I have no ties to though clearly you have every right to be on the front lines and I am heartened to see resistance. The one Columbia prof I could not stand during my time up there was Eric the Red, yep Foner himself. Having said that, his daughter, who was a ballerina and had injured herself in one of the most horrid accidents I have ever seen, was one of the nicest kids that I knew in New York .

Posted by: Von Bek at April 23, 2009 at 7:40 pm

Geez Tatyana, I think that your response is starting to make some folks at NORAD nervous. (”I dont’ know, it looked like a nuke signature!”)
In this case, has the man done appropriate academic work, then he should get tenure. Sorry, but the fact that he is virulently opposed to another nation’s existence means that he should never be appointed to a national security position–not that he shouldn’t be allowed to continue to teach.
Now, I find it odd that he’s kicked people out of his classroom for voicing a different opinion and didn’t have a house fall on him, but I’ve come to the conclusion that most university leaders are invertebrates. However, the rules are the rules. I cannot say that I would cross the street to put the man out if he was ablaze and I had the world’s last fire extinguisher, but I can say that private universities can’t be in the business of smoking people for their views if they want to remain competetive. (Alumni who may no longer feel the need to donate or sponsors of programs who start yanking the funding on the other hand are a different story.)

Posted by: James at April 23, 2009 at 11:34 pm

You did nothing of the sort, you rotten piece of dung. You are not capable to, ever, with your level of reading comprehension.
Is that blood in your urine? About time.

Posted by: Tatyana at April 24, 2009 at 12:24 am

James: I am not civil to antisemites. He’ll get what’s coming to him. Sooner rather then later.

Posted by: Tatyana at April 24, 2009 at 12:27 am

Tatyana–I like being civil to people who hate me for no good reason. The expression on their faces when they realize that, yes Virginia, they’re just a**holes is priceless. :)

Posted by: James at April 24, 2009 at 7:25 am

Just get a room.

Posted by: Casca at April 24, 2009 at 3:35 pm

Um, I thought we were usually saying that to _you_ and Tatyana, Casca!

Posted by: James at April 24, 2009 at 8:57 pm