March 24, 2009

Could Meghan McCain be any dumber?

I say no:

“She totally impressed me because she was very warm and friendly.”

-On interviewing Bobby Jindal’s wife. She’s impressed by warm and friendly. And she’s somehow the voice of the young Republican party?

“I consider myself a progressive Republican. I am liberal on social issues. And I think that the party is at a place where social issues shouldn’t be the issues that define the party. And I have taken heat, but in fairness to me, I am a different generation than the people that are giving me heat. I’m 24 years old. I’m not in my 40s, I’m not in my 50s and older.”

-On how different and awesome her generation is from previous generations. Of course, I can find her 500 24-year olds who are actual conservatives and could explain to her, slowly of course, that she’s not one.

“All I wanted to do is show women that you don’t have to be Ann Coulter and Laura Ingraham to have a place in the Republican Party. … Supriya Jindal is a good role model, but a lot of people hadn’t heard of her.”

Dollars to donuts, Supriya Jindal has more in common with Ann Coulter and Laura Ingraham than she does Meghan “I’m in love with the Republican party” McCain (yes, she said it again in this interview).

He’s great. I love my dad so much. He’s the best father to me. And like I said, he’s so supportive of me and my career and what I do and speaking my mind.

When you grow up having a maverick as a father and an example, you can understand how I turned out like this.

URG, she has the same self-congratulatory “I speak gibberish and I’m awfully proud of myself” thing as her father. Also, she has a career? What’s her “career”, exactly, other than making sure we’re all aware of her ill-informed opinions which no one would care one iota about if her father wasn’t a US Senator and failed US presidential candidate? Seriously, what would it take to never have to hear from anyone named McCain ever again?

Via Hot Air Headlines

Comments

Hey now. There have been much more annoying kids of failed presidential candidates. Who do I blame New Kids on the Block and Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch on? Yep. John Dukakis.

Posted by: Von Bek at March 24, 2009 at 2:02 pm

Tammy Bruce has blogged about the words between Meghan McCain and Laura Ingraham. Meghan and Cindy McCain appeared on Laura’s show when Tammy filled in as host during the campaign, so Meghan is lying when she says that she never heard of Laura before Laura’s aside about her weight or she has a very bad memory.

Posted by: KS at March 24, 2009 at 2:08 pm

Because of course Supriya is the first female Republican she’s ever met who isn’t an evil, evil, cutthroat, horrible, evil, cruel, evil, heartless, evil bitch.
Oh, but she loves us. Smooches.

Posted by: Tanya at March 24, 2009 at 3:14 pm

Karol,
don’t sweat it, hardly anyone is paying attention to her and she’s not mainstream news.
I read a lot of newspapers and online news and the only time i ever hear about her is on this blog.

Posted by: PAUL at March 24, 2009 at 4:14 pm

I believe she is the driving force behind the IFOCE, International Federation of Competetive Eating. Maybe she’s just angling for one of those Jenny Craig gigs, or the Lane Bryant porker of the month.

Posted by: Casca at March 24, 2009 at 5:29 pm

But this is quoted from her appearance on Larry King. Is that not mainstream?

Posted by: Karol at March 24, 2009 at 9:26 pm

But this is quoted from her appearance on Larry King. Is that not mainstream?
Not for Republicans.

Posted by: Anonymous at March 24, 2009 at 10:18 pm

I speak gibberish and I’m awfully proud of myself
Some of this think that this is an endemic problem.

Posted by: David at March 25, 2009 at 11:04 am

[...] McCain said, “I consider myself a progressive Republican. I am liberal on social issues. And I think that the party is at a place where social issues shouldn’t be the issues that define the party.” [...]

Posted by: Of Principle and Pragmatism: Why Conservatism Always Trumps Moderation // Gabriella Hoffman // 11.28.2011 – The College Conservative at November 28, 2011 at 11:32 am

Posted by: Sound Conservatism, CollegeConservative Launch, and Battle of the Blonds « All-American Girl for the Restoration of Values at November 29, 2011 at 2:31 am