March 21, 2009

Average DC income: $46,949 President’s income: $400,000

Maybe he should go to North Dakota or Iowa or Arkansas where people would be thrilled to make $400,000 a year.

Obama was asked about grumbling from Wall Street because the administration criticized bonuses for executives at financial institutions collecting government bailouts.

“They need to spend a little time outside of New York. Because. . . . if you go to North Dakota, or you go to Iowa, or you go to Arkansas, where folks would be thrilled to be making $75,000 a year — without a bonus — then I think they’d get a sense of why people are frustrated.”

Comments

Nice post! Would you like a Link Exchange with our blog COMMON CENTS?? Check it out……

Posted by: Steve at March 22, 2009 at 12:09 am

The only thing more useless than Obama is those douchebags at Common Cents…or should it be COMMON CENTS, for proper gravitas?

Posted by: Anonymous at March 22, 2009 at 1:32 am

I was shocked to see in one article that Obama was making $1.7 million before becoming president and his wife was making over $300,000. Not bad for not-for-profit work.

Posted by: JB at March 22, 2009 at 11:24 am

Don’t forget that The Chimp Faced Ho didn’t start earning so much until her husband got elected to the U.S. Senate — where he used “earmarks” to secure additional funding for the hospital.
But hey, who am I to criticize her for giving up corporate law to go into “community service”?
Maybe she should go back into corporate law where, even in good economic times, a lot of lawyers would be “thrilled” to make $300K a year (let alone $400K).

Posted by: Perry Eidelbus at March 22, 2009 at 12:28 pm

The Chimp Faced Ho Wow. Classy commentary.
Actually, she was employed by one of the largest law firms in Chicago for most of her professional career, and made a much higher income than her husband for many years…

Posted by: katie g. at March 22, 2009 at 2:58 pm

The Chimp Faced Ho
Holy toledo, what a dick!

Posted by: Mike's Dumbmerica at March 22, 2009 at 3:40 pm

Posted by: katie g. at March 22, 2009 02:58 PM
An income that skyrocketed after her hubby became Senator and got her place of work a $1mil earmark. And it was such a scary-important job that when she left it this January, they decided she didn’t need to be replaced. I guess Mrs. Burris and Mrs. Durbin have real jobs.

Posted by: It's Vintage, Duh at March 22, 2009 at 3:48 pm

Perry, that’s inappropriate. She’s our first lady, whether you voted for her husband or not, and we shouldn’t behave the way the left behaved toward Bush for 8 years. We should be better.
It’s Vintage, Duh sums it up perfectly, hits every target and doesn’t name call. Effective.

Posted by: Karol at March 22, 2009 at 6:30 pm

I can’t imagine what 35,000 a year would be like, much less 75,000. You can make that much if you wipe your butt with the constitution and lie 24/7? Guess I’ll always be dirt poor.

Posted by: john of utah at March 22, 2009 at 9:53 pm

a bunch of pale,mudering,racists..when will such redneck minded dudes ever be human like, still after all said n done..u still hate n dare call one of the most brilliant 1st lady ever a chimp..they work so hard to keep yo from eating your own shit..n yo’ll never know it….

Posted by: Anonymous at March 22, 2009 at 9:56 pm

One of the most brilliant 1st lady ever
Oh, that was MasterCard Priceless. Right when you think you heard it all…

Posted by: Tatyana at March 22, 2009 at 11:15 pm

K, I make absolutely no apologies for “insults” toward these socialists who want to steal my wealth and give it to others. Liberals ranted for eight years about keeleeng that eevil Boosh, so let them have a taste of what they dished out.
They’re thieves, who are not only robbing me but every last one of my descendants who remains in this country. Toward such I make absolutely no effort whatsoever to display class or civility. If you want to respect someone just because of his political office, or because he/she is married to someone in political office, I won’t stop you. I, on the other hand, refuse to give someone respect just because he convinced enough people that it’s a good idea to sap me for everything they want. And I have utter contempt for anyone who sees her husband’s election as some sort of “people’s mandate” to pursue a political agenda.
The true insult is to me, every time they speak of “rescuing” or “saving” the economy. The true insult is to me, every time the media lifts them up as gods. American women would do better to worry about the debt they’re saddling their children with, instead of going ape over the latest mag cover with Her Royal Redistributiveness.
katie, if you don’t like it, then ignore me. I’ve called you on the carpet several times, to which you’ve always ducked and gone back into hiding,
Mike, you can shut the fuck up and go back to your Legos. I pay no heed to the likes of you who measures himself by anonymously tearing down other blogs. And if you think I was being a “dick” there, you have no idea what being a “dick” truly is.

Posted by: Perry Eidelbus at March 23, 2009 at 9:51 am

Oh, katie, you said “for much of her professional career.”
She spent a whopping few years at Sidley Austin before moving on to various government positions under the corrupt Daley. Thus your usage of “professional career” is laughable at best when it was so short.
IVD reveals something curious. I didn’t realize the earmark was only $1 million. So much of it went merely to her pay raise. No conflict of interest there! But I suppose that’s what you consider “public service”?

Posted by: Perry Eidelbus at March 23, 2009 at 10:02 am

How about “Lowland Silverback”? Is that OK?

Posted by: Casca at March 23, 2009 at 11:51 am

Actually, I think using the workd “Ho” about any woman is rather offensive – not only the President’s wife.

Posted by: katie g. at March 23, 2009 at 2:54 pm

Have to agree with *katie g on that.
But Chimp-Faced she is, all the same. And an Affirmative Action professional, too.

Posted by: Tatyana at March 23, 2009 at 7:51 pm

It’s just ineffective. Try to remember that the left RAGED about Bush and called him every name under the sun, and treated him like dirt and then he was re-elected in 2004. Being angry just doesn’t work. If you want change, calm down and form good arguments.

Posted by: Karol at March 23, 2009 at 8:28 pm

That’s funny, katie, considering a number of black men dress up in bling, say “ho” a lot, and get paid millions of dollars by adoring black boys and girls who evidently find nothing “degrading” or objectionable about the behavior.
K, the difference between them and me is that I use one insult in passing. If liberals are so hypocritical and too intellectually weak to be turned off by three words and ignore the rest of the facts that I lay out, that’s not my problem.
And the kind of “change” that will save this country will not come from calmly working within the political process. Not anymore. There are too many Americans who have softened up to the idea of wealth redistribution, who ask “What will the government do for me?” now that they got themselves into such-and-such a mess, or that they refuse to work at a better job to get the things they want. At best, you’ll wind up with some nice socialist McCain-like Republican in 2012.

Posted by: Perry Eidelbus at March 23, 2009 at 10:02 pm

vasJyM dehezwvgnhda, [url=http://gdpouzbtdwnt.com/]gdpouzbtdwnt[/url], [link=http://ooxboutyosip.com/]ooxboutyosip[/link], http://sjytdmngvgsy.com/

Posted by: dtwnvnt at March 23, 2009 at 11:24 pm

This comment thread makes me wish Larry were here to talk about Huckabee.
(By the way, the proposed $1 million earmark for the hospital was not passed.)

Posted by: Alceste at March 24, 2009 at 11:36 am

Alceste,
your wish is my command…..it’s obvious the Obama mentioned Arkansas in order to pander to Huck voters…the political and media force that the Huckster has become is undeniable….in case you haven’t noticed, “Huckabee” is blowing away the weekend competition.
Ok, I think I’ve gotten it out of my system…proceed…

Posted by: Larry at March 24, 2009 at 1:11 pm

Yeah, well actually I don’t listen to that trash and I think they’re ridiculous and offenseive too…

Posted by: katie g. at March 24, 2009 at 2:32 pm

Alceste – so, the story is even funnier: the pair of cons cheated the “not for profit” hospital on their expectations!
Using a quote from the article @ your link – Michelle really cost them her weight in gold.
A plot worthy of J-B Moliere.

Posted by: Tatyana at March 24, 2009 at 3:33 pm

You didn’t get the point, then, as usual.
Alceste: so I stand corrected that the earmark wasn’t approved in the end. Still, what a conflict of interest (putting it mildly) that her husband could put the “request” in in the first place, and how coincidental it was that her salary increased.
Tatyana: maybe not a con, but a reward for the attempt, and/or a down payment on future success?

Posted by: Perry Eidelbus at March 25, 2009 at 12:34 am

It’s hard to believe, anyway, that a major hospital like that isn’t draining something from federal taxpayers…
The $1 million was supposed to be for a new pavilion, but such money is fungible anyway.

Posted by: Perry Eidelbus at March 25, 2009 at 12:35 am

Perry, this article, and others I read on the topic, says the hospital – not-for-profit hospital – has 16 vice-presidents who, supposedly, are paid in the same range as Ms.Obama was – and whose job description is similar to hers. The money must be coming from somewhere. And then people are shocked that a day in a hospital room is pricier than staying at 5-star boutique hotel!
Reward/down payment: very likely; similar to the story with the couple buying their Chi townhouse.

Posted by: Tatyana at March 25, 2009 at 7:59 am

Let’s tax that portion of the Obama’s family income over $250K at 90%. He’s getting the country into more trouble than AIG.
chsw

Posted by: chsw at March 25, 2009 at 10:36 pm

Here’s a better idea…let’s have congressional term limits and have the FairTax.

Posted by: Larry at March 26, 2009 at 10:44 am

“Fair” Tax, hell no. I’ve debunked that economic nonsense before.

Posted by: Perry Eidelbus at March 27, 2009 at 2:43 pm

Perry,
You’ve debunked no such thing….you tried to, but it didn’t work

Posted by: Larry at March 27, 2009 at 9:12 pm

I’m not sure what your point is. Because Congress set the Presidential salary at a more-than-comfortable $400k, no president can accuse people who make millions a year of whining?

Posted by: Josh at March 30, 2009 at 9:31 pm