December 29, 2008

The post where you can mock me in the comment section

Yeah, yeah, the Cowboys had a spectacular flame-out and it sucked and they should fire sweet, sweet Wade.

But at least I don’t root for a team from New Jersey. Or a team from, shudder, New England. So I’ll take it.

Posted by Karol at 11:12 AM |
Comments

See, the problem here, of course, is that your “boyfriend” had a prominent role to play in the demise. Just sayin’, it’s one thing to blame Jessica Simpson’s beau for his errors–at least he can point out that it’s hard to play QB and pinada at the same time. Hate to say it, but seldom has a “elite” wide receiver had a quieter 100 yards in a “must win” game.

Posted by: James at December 29, 2008 at 11:33 am

Fire Wade?…that’s blasphemy…he deserves a contract extension.
I’d rather go 8-8 and miss the playoffs; then 9-7 and miss the playoffs….we get a higher draft pick and easier schedule in 09.
Hail To The Redskins!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Larry at December 29, 2008 at 11:38 am

Yes, yes, the Redskins like to lose, I understand.

Posted by: Karol at December 29, 2008 at 11:48 am

Romo is an odd one to figure out. I think he basically hits a wall at the end of the season and fatigue sets in. Give Romo time and he will adjust. I know that happens to a lot of running backs (in particular Maurice Jones-Drew who may have overtaken John Henderson as my favorite player in the league) and it may happen to young QBs like Matt Ryan (though Joe Flacco proved me wrong against my beloved Jags yesterday).

Posted by: Von Bek at December 29, 2008 at 12:04 pm

The problem with the Cowqueers is that they THINK they are good. They THINK they have the best QB in the NFC. They THINK they have the best WR in the NFL.
The FACTS are this…
a) They have no staying power and have ZERO clutch playmaking.
b) Wade Phillips is Jerry Jones’ ULTIMATE coach – a 100% puppet. For this reason, he will likely remain. He has now led them to 3 straight 1-and-done or less post-seasons, with this being a total miss of the postseason.
c) They had no business losing to Philly. This was just a clear message that Tony Romo is nothing more than a flash-in-the-pan who is streaky. But when he’s bad, he’s TERRIBLE. They lost that game to Philly’s Defense not Philly’s offense. Philly has no offense. Donovan McStink was playing, err I should say AUDITIONING for the rest of his career, which will likely NOT be in Philly.
d) T.O. – “boohoo, my QB doesn’t throw to me, he throws to his best friend Witten…waaaaah” T.O. is the biggest baby in the league. This is now the 3rd team he’s had his little temper tantrums with. Its not shocking, its not news, its pathetic and so is he.
e) Tony Romo – ok, 2 years ago it was the blocked punt, last year it was Cabo, this year whats the excuse? Tony Romo is a NICE QB, but he’s no star, he can’t get over Post-Season-ITIS and he’s gotta go. Jerry Jones, get yourself a new QB.
f) Damarcus Ware – yes you are a monster, but too many people are giving credit to the Dallas Defense as a unit, you need more credit and a bigger contract.
You guys lost to Philly. The same Eagles that have a TIE game on their record for the year because “they didn’t know it could end in a tie”. Andy Reid is likely not gonna be back next year, unless by some miracle they can win the Super Bowl. And Donovan McStinky is one of the most overrated QB’s of the last 20 years. The guy has only played his first complete season in 4 years this year, if he hadn’t won this game his future in the NFL was in question. He’s definitely done in Philly, his contract is up and he’s a lemon. You guys lost to THAT! Last night was Donovan’s job interview for his future. Thanks Dallas, now we gotta see more of this zero.

Posted by: Alan Fronshtein at December 29, 2008 at 12:09 pm

I dunno, I suspect Romo was suffering the blurred reactions of having to pile on painkillers to play at all after the Giants turned him into a turf stain a few weeks back.
Nevertheless, he’s still far too careless about things like turnovers. He needs Parcells or somebody like that to keep him in line… But the funniest part of Cowboypocalypse is that Jerruh is too proud to admit he blew it with Wade (and Garrett) and will let Romo develop another season of bad habits.
Between this and the unhappy Reid-McNabb marriage likely to go on another season, the future looks good for the Giants and Skins.

Posted by: someone at December 29, 2008 at 12:53 pm

I think Romo’s problems break down to one thing–protection. I mean, seriously–there is _no reason_ that he should be taking the shots he’s taking with as much as the Cowboys spent on that line and on their receivers. None. It’s not like he’s holding on to it too long on purpose–T.O., Williams, and Clayton aren’t getting open quick enough, and while Witten gets open Romo can’t throw to him every down.
I think when the man collapses in the shower we shouldn’t be questioning his toughness. I’m far from a Romo apologist, but all the fiascoes you mention above have generally had one thing in common–others have helped him to fail.
1.) For example, he never should have been holding in Seattle but Bill Parcells was too soft-hearted to do what was necessary. Ergo, you have someone who can’t practice with K-balls (something about having to take reps with the first team) holding rather than your washed up living statue of a backup being informed his demotion counts across the board. (”Drew, you’re either taking snaps with the special teams or serving as the practice quarterback with the defense. Without a red shirt. After I told Demarcus Ware that there’s a $500 wager that he can’t hit as hard as Mo Lewis.”) Let’s not forget that he was one Gramatica “look out” block away from being a hero rather than a goat also.
2.) Arguably the Giants playoff game last year came down to which line wanted it more, and the entire Boys O-line was exposed in that one. Then again, given what Tuck, Strahan, and the rest of the Blue Men Horde did to the Pats in the Super Bowl…nah, Cowboys’ line still proved they had no heart.
3.) Finally, Jerry Jones allowed T.O. to take over his team rather than showing the receiver the immediate door for questioning the play calling of his head coach in waiting, er, offensive coordinator. Sorry, but as I’ve said before and I’ll say it again, I wouldn’t what T.O. within 10 miles of my team’s locker room no matter how badly I needed WR help.

Posted by: James at December 29, 2008 at 1:06 pm

Larry will change his mind when he realizes that Mike Huckabee is the top candidate for Wade’s job. Hell, he’ll probably become a Cowboys fan.

Posted by: Charles at December 29, 2008 at 1:21 pm

All this word coinage, and no mention of the player who sealed the deal on their ineptitude? Certainly Pacman is worthy of more than honorable mention. When they were down, but still in the fight, he single-handedly broke their collective back. I couldn’t watch much past the first half. It was like watching a hillbilly mother beat her child in the checkout aisle of the Piggly-Wiggly.

Posted by: Casca at December 29, 2008 at 3:33 pm

Charles,
I will never be a cowpuke fan..I bleed burgundy and gold..always have..always will.
We’ve been to the superbowl 5 times…all during republican administration…if that’s not a reason to get rid of obama, I dunno what is.
Huck 2012!

Posted by: Larry at December 29, 2008 at 3:45 pm

For a brief moment I peered into the alternate universe of President Huckabee welcoming a world champion Redskins team to the White House…then the comic store owner said I had to put Bizarro Universe #45 back on the shelf.
Good point on Pacman, Casca.

Posted by: James at December 29, 2008 at 6:22 pm

James,
C’mon, you know you’re warming up to the notion of the Incredible Huck as President.
I have visions of Huck throwing a pass to chris cooley on the white house lawn the same way Reagan did with ricky sanders back in 1988.
Just for the record, I didn’t start this Huck talk

Posted by: Larry at December 29, 2008 at 7:17 pm

…what I do see happening is Huck welcoming the Skins to the White house after we win the superbowl.

Not…going…to…happen.

Posted by: Gerard at December 29, 2008 at 7:36 pm

I always know it’s bad loss when the dreaded “at least I’m not a fan of [insert team here]” taunt shows up. Yow.
The Cowboys imploded. There is no other word to describe it. The problem that no-one has mentioned here yet is that Jerry Jones is the owner of the Cowboys. He wants to run the Cowboys like the Yankees. Get lots of great players and expect them to win. Team games don’t work like that. Which is why the Yankees and Cowboys both missed the playoffs this year.
The best thing the Cowboys could do is release Owens. That way, Romo wouldn’t have to throw to Owens all the time and the offense could be more effective.

Posted by: Pokerwolf at December 30, 2008 at 8:43 am

“Blue Men Horde”
Great moniker.
How unfortunate for you picking teams last year to end up with the Boys when you could’ve had Big Blue.
The only thing from Texas that has been worse over the last 8 years is, well…..u know..
There is plenty of room on the Blue Men Horde bus to Tampa for you and the Mr.

Posted by: Dan at December 31, 2008 at 11:09 am

Revised…
Although Romo is a superstar choke artist, he was not really the same after the hand injury. I’m wondering if he didn’t have some other injuries. Perhaps resulting from the Giant game when he took a beating and maybe injured his back. Plus the toe injury to Barber (who I have loved since his days in Minny) really combined to gimp them.
I don’t think massive changes are in order they do need a Left Guard though that rotation isn’t working. Flozel and offsides = Shaq and freethrows, just unacceptable at that level. Throw in a smattering of hungry new defensive faces and they will be competitive.
No Shane Q is not the answer……ugh…

Posted by: Dan at December 31, 2008 at 11:17 am

Two Words: Houston Texans!
If you thought the red gun offense was entertaining you haven’t seen anything yet.
If I were in Texas I’d stop rooting for the sheepherders before the bandwagon tipped over.

Posted by: Gerard at December 31, 2008 at 5:58 pm

The Cowboys were a disappointment, but I know what you are going through because I’m a Jets fan… Loses to Denver, San Fran, and Seattle after beating the Titans and Pats?… im still not over that

Posted by: Miraj Patel at January 4, 2009 at 3:49 am