November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

And if you’ve got a killer stuffing recipe, now’s the time to tell me about it in my comment section.

Posted by Karol at 11:51 AM |
Comments

Usually what works for me is flowers, dinner at a nice restaraunt, a little bit of wine and a moon-lit walk…
Oh. Never mind.

Posted by: Eric at November 26, 2008 at 12:19 pm

ewww.

Posted by: nds at November 26, 2008 at 2:03 pm

Take 1 chicken. Debone it.
Take 1 duck. Debone that.
Fill the chicken up with sausage, garlic, onions and celery and such. Now take that chicken and shove it in the duck. Take that and shove it all in the turkey. Any space in between, stuff it full of sausage, garlic, onions and celery and such.

Posted by: Ken Wheaton at November 26, 2008 at 2:08 pm

Ken, doesn’t your recipe have some bread in it??
I love my meat but when it comes to stuffing I’m all about the CARBS.

Posted by: Lisa at November 26, 2008 at 2:43 pm

Have I not covered the TurDuckHen, and the James Beard Sausage & Cornbread dressing? Dressing, NOT stuffing, stuffing is gross and unsanitary, and an invitation to food poisoning.
OK, here’s James Beard, from memory:
3 cups white bread cubed
4 cups corn bread cubed (make it today for manana)
1 lb sausage
4 stalks celery with leaves (chopped)
2 medium onions (chopped)
1/2 cup parsley finely chopped
2 eggs hardboiled and chopped
sage
rosemary
thyme
salt 1 & 1/2 tspns
fresh ground pepper 1 tspn
1/2 cup chicken stock
Half cook the sausage in a saute pan, remove to bowl, and add half a stick of butter to the remaining fat. Add celary & onion to the saute pan, and sweat to soften. Mix all in a large mixing bowl, then add to a casserole, and heat in a 350 degree oven for thirty minutes. Remove the lid for the last ten minutes to crust the top. Serves 4-6.

Posted by: Casca at November 26, 2008 at 2:52 pm

I have a great one (better with duck than turkey), but it has sausage in it. That’s out, yes?

Posted by: Tanya at November 26, 2008 at 2:52 pm

Tyler Florence has a great recipe.

Posted by: lisa at November 26, 2008 at 3:04 pm

White Castle Turkey Stuffing
Ingredients:

Posted by: Radical Redneck at November 27, 2008 at 5:30 pm

Oh that White Castle stuffing is hilarious — and I’m sure delicious. :)
Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Posted by: Sunflower Desert at November 27, 2008 at 11:23 pm

Fucking Rad, I KNEW it was you. Still it’s basically the Beard recipe, except you have to stand in line after the bars close to get the sliders.

Posted by: Casca at November 28, 2008 at 3:45 pm

including the fingers of the White Castle workers left behind while slicing the sliders is optional!

Posted by: Radical Redneck at November 29, 2008 at 7:45 pm