November 21, 2008

And I’m not just saying this to get 40 comments from Larry

Is there a more bitter ex-candidate that Mike Huckabee (hat-tip Hot Air)? He can cover it up with a smile but his criticisms of everyone that stood in his way during the election just don’t ring true. Here is Gary Bauer on the ole Huckster:

In fact, talking with Huckabee was like playing whack-a-mole, because he had a number of issues that posed problems. It wasn’t just that he didn’t get it on foreign policy. His record on taxes and spending, illegal immigration, his apparent backing of Al Gore’s carbon cap and trade scheme, support for voting rights for Washington, D.C., and cozying up to unions like the NEA all worried me. Huckabee can call it whack-a-mole. But for me there were just too many items where he wasn’t sufficiently conservative coupled with a lack of attention and experience on foreign affairs.

I’ll get it started right now: Anyone But Huck ‘12!

Comments

All that back-stabbing isn’t very Christian of the Huckster is it?

Posted by: Ken at November 21, 2008 at 1:23 pm

No, Ken, sure isn’t.

Posted by: Karol at November 21, 2008 at 1:29 pm

Well, I wouldn’t say “anyone”, but definitely not H.

Posted by: Tatyana at November 21, 2008 at 1:36 pm

Well, I was Anybody But McCain ‘08 (for the Republican nomination, smartasses) and look how that worked out for me.

Posted by: Karol at November 21, 2008 at 1:41 pm

Enh, Huck is bad. McCain, Romney and Rudy were worse. What’s going to be interesting in the next few years is seeing who tries to elbow their ways ahead-Cantor, Jindall, Palin, Huntsman, Sanford, Thune, Pawlenty I suppose, Pence and there are even a few whispers that Paul Ryan may be looking at it. Not to mention Newt and Romney and Huck still hanging around. Leadership in the GOP is as wide open as it has been since the late 30s and early 40s and it’s going to be interesting seeing where it goes.

Posted by: Von Bek at November 21, 2008 at 2:15 pm

Then you should..er..speak of someone else! If you really don’t want Huck, I mean

Posted by: Tatyana at November 21, 2008 at 2:18 pm

I said I wouldn’t comment on Huck for awhile….but then you have to write your typical bogus Huck bashing comments.
Folks, don’t be fooled…she needs the advertising cash and knew I would post and get another 40 comments….in that regard, she’s just as creative as the huckster.
since Karol wanted anyone but McCain, I fully appreciate her anti endorsement for Mike.

Posted by: Larry at November 21, 2008 at 2:26 pm

Mike is trying to sell books…is not rich like the fraud from Massachusetts….what he said about bauer, Mitt, etc…are all true.

Posted by: Larry at November 21, 2008 at 2:28 pm

Larry, so you admit Huck will go down to defeat too??

Posted by: Karol at November 21, 2008 at 2:28 pm

Karol, I admit no such thing….your anti endorsement got McCain to the nomination…that’s where your pull ends…McCain messed it up on his own.

Posted by: Larry at November 21, 2008 at 2:32 pm

Is there a more bitter ex-candidate that Mike Huckabee?
John Kerry?

Posted by: Shawn at November 21, 2008 at 2:45 pm

Huck ain’t bitter…he’s trying to sell a book.
This is just another attempt to distort his character..just like there were many distortions about his record.

Posted by: Larry at November 21, 2008 at 2:56 pm

someone’s in love

Posted by: Tatyana at November 21, 2008 at 2:59 pm

One good thing about Huckabee is his understanding of conservatism v. libertarianism…

Posted by: Jillian Bandes at November 21, 2008 at 3:06 pm

Larry, your excuses for Huck often come down to “he didn’t really mean it, he was just trying to win an election” or, in this case, “he’s just trying to make money.” And you want this guy to be our president?

Posted by: Karol at November 21, 2008 at 3:16 pm

Karol, you can’t get over that whole constitution comment he made…I never said he didn’t mean it…he chose his words poorly…he admitted that…he was strictly talking about marriage and abortion…..but the haters like yourself made it sound like he was going to turn this country into a theocracy.
regarding the book…he’s telling it like it is

Posted by: Larry at November 21, 2008 at 3:30 pm

I don’t know… Al Gore seems pretty bitter to me. So does John Kerry. And Bill’s bitter on Hillary’s behalf. Seems like there’s plenty enough bitter to go around….

Posted by: jana at November 21, 2008 at 3:38 pm

I don’t know… Al Gore seems pretty bitter to me. So does John Kerry. And Bill’s bitter on Hillary’s behalf. There’s plenty enough bitter to go around, methinks…..

Posted by: jana at November 21, 2008 at 3:40 pm

Larry,
-I’m sorry, but didn’t Huckabee, you know, pardon a guy _who went on to murder someone else_? Yeah, I suppose that’s just media spin, right? Or are you going to try and float the defense that all those other conservatives made him do it to get back at Bill Clinton? Sorry, but when you’ve made an error in judgment that grievous I don’t think anyone in their right mind should let you near the levers of power.
-On top of that, there’s the Huckster’s answer on whether veteran’s children deserve equal rights to those of illegal immigrants. I watched that one live and, yeah, no way to spin that–man had straight vomitus feces eruptus.
That’s two strikes right there off the top of my head and no, being “pro life” doesn’t balance them out. As shown by what happened to McCain, I don’t think the GOP needs to run another “Conservative Enough” candidate.

Posted by: James at November 22, 2008 at 1:35 pm

James,
No politician is perfect.
he didn’t pardon wayne dumond.
HUCK 2012!!!!

Posted by: Larry at November 23, 2008 at 12:11 pm

You’re right, he didn’t pardon him. I guess I shouldn’t exaggerate. He just jumped up and down on the parole board’s shoulders until their knees gave out. My bad.

Posted by: James at November 23, 2008 at 9:26 pm

James,
You’re obviously using statements made my the clinton appointed parole board; some of whom were not retained and had an axe to grind.
You Huck haters really need to try harder..maybe do some research and use some common sense from time to time.

Posted by: Larry at November 24, 2008 at 10:05 am

[...] It makes zero sense, much like Huck himself.  I get it, we all get it, he’s still bitter about Mitt and CFG not supporting a tax-hiking Arkansas governor who thinks the government should be [...]

Posted by: A clowning clown at November 9, 2009 at 1:49 pm