September 12, 2008

It’s here!

The shirt is adorable but the IC takes the worst pictures of me (I don’t know what that’s supposed to mean). I can not wait to wear this around Manhattan:

Sarah Palin IS my homegirl

My new shirt!

Comments

the IC takes the worst pictures of me (I don’t know what that’s supposed to mean) Umm…it means you’re ugly. Plus, now you’re dressing yourself funny. The guy’s not a miracle worker after all.

Posted by: not dawn summers at September 12, 2008 at 7:52 pm

Wear it around Manhattan? You got more guts than John McCain.

Posted by: Jake at September 12, 2008 at 8:35 pm

Jake! I cannot believe you would reference Karol’s gut like that. And to imply that there’s so much of her gut that it compares to a man’s…well that’s just sexist and demeaning.

Posted by: Not Dawn Summers at September 12, 2008 at 9:43 pm

You better be prepared to plead insanity if you wear it around UWS. Or they’ll set fire to your door.
Suits your eyes, that color!

Posted by: Tatyana at September 12, 2008 at 10:15 pm

“Good luck storming the castle!”
I think there should be a shirt that reads like this (from Gerard Baker’s piece on Gov. Palin):

Posted by: Fallen Sparrow at September 12, 2008 at 10:52 pm

NDS:
Ok, She has just as much courage as Sarah Palin.

Posted by: Jake at September 12, 2008 at 10:54 pm

Geez Dawn, could you be a _little_ more vicious?
As to taking horrible pictures of one’s s/o, I know for one I’m incompetent with a camera.

Posted by: James at September 13, 2008 at 9:49 am

Seriously, dawn is calling me fat? Hahahahahahaha. I had a bald friend once who pointed out someone else’s receding hairline. Oh how we laughed and laughed.
(To everyone: don’t take us too seriously, this is what dawn and I do.)

Posted by: Karol at September 13, 2008 at 10:55 am

Tatyana, is setting fire to a door a russian thing? That happened to my grandmother in russia once.

Posted by: Karol at September 13, 2008 at 10:57 am

Damn, now I see why you call him the IC. He obviously spent over a decade planning a Raid on ‘Em Titties.

Posted by: Lee Marvin at September 13, 2008 at 11:15 am

No, I don’t think it’s particularly Russian thing. Certain documentaries of the prehistoric KKK American South come to mind, showing burning crosses and even, if I recall correctly, barns.
Since you have no barn to burn, and the only thing they can reach outside your urban abode is your [presumably, flammable] door – hence the practice.
Or so I imagine.
Don’t take me to court on that.
Btw, I think yours is the very rare factual case for calling somebody “honey”: that’s the color of your eyes and hair.
Me, I hate being called that by some customer service rep on the phone, on the second sentence. I’ve immediate impulse to sound as bitter and sour as possible!

Posted by: Tatyana at September 13, 2008 at 4:54 pm

Just reread my comment.
I didn’t mean to say the people who presumably want to burn your door belong to KKK, only that the practice is not uniquely Russian.

Posted by: Tatyana at September 13, 2008 at 4:55 pm

Those aren’t bad pix at all, so don’t be so critical of the IC.
chsw

Posted by: chsw at September 13, 2008 at 10:42 pm

This girl looks a little like Karol.
Whet do y’all think?

Posted by: Radical Redneck at September 13, 2008 at 10:46 pm

Karol, how come you didn’t invite me to your last birthday party?

Posted by: Radical Redneck at September 13, 2008 at 11:02 pm

ahem…dark clothing under thin white clothing is always a mistake. Just saying.

Posted by: bryan at September 14, 2008 at 1:28 am

Agreed, it is a fashion fox paw to wear a bra under a t-shirt. T-shirt, thong, sunglasses, and a pair of uggs is the full uniform.
Rad, I see the resemblance.

Posted by: Casca at September 14, 2008 at 4:09 am

What is up with my pervy readership!?

Posted by: Karol at September 14, 2008 at 10:09 am

People who set fire to doors just have no imagination.
ahem…dark clothing under thin white clothing is always a mistake. Just saying.
It’s trendy. I’ve seen a lot of white blouse – red (or black) bra combinations at work lately. Back in my day that was considered a bit trashy, but I think all the kids are doing it now.

Posted by: Eric at September 14, 2008 at 7:01 pm

Regarding your comment that your boyfriend takes the worst pictures (these are actually very cute, and the T-shirt is wonderful): My favorite picture of my then-girlfriend (now wife), one I still have framed on my dresser, was one of her least favorites of herself. We had been hiking through a state park on an October afternoon, and there was a light mist falling. She was wearing a big bulky jacket, her hair was a bit damp, and she wasn’t wearing much makeup. She wasn’t made up, coiffed, and dressed the way she’d like to be for a portrait, but to me the photo perfectly captured, in her smile and expression, what attracted me to her.

Posted by: Michael Bates at September 14, 2008 at 11:59 pm

“…dark clothing under thin white clothing is always a mistake.”
If by “mistake” you understandably meant “hot”, then yes, it was definintely a ‘mistake’. A happy mistake.

Posted by: Snoop-Diggity-DANG-Dawg at September 15, 2008 at 9:55 am

Thanks, Michael. Yes, the IC likes every terrible picture he takes of me. :-)
As for the dark clothing under light clothing, just for fyi for everyone: we were on our way out, the shirt arrived, I wanted a picture, changed quickly, snap snap, and out the door. Otherwise I would’ve insisted on better shots. And would’ve changed my underclothes.

Posted by: Karol at September 15, 2008 at 10:35 am

Eric, Karol et al, I still say mistake, as I couldn’t look without blushing a little. After 2 hours of blushing, it gets uncomfortable ;-)

Posted by: bryan at September 16, 2008 at 4:27 pm

[...] her as John “most boring candidate alive-ish” McCain’s running mate. I mean, I bought the t-shirt and everything. Then she stepped down from her elected post in Alaska and, for me, ended her political career. I [...]

Posted by: Join me at January 19, 2011 at 2:02 pm