August 29, 2008

Palin!

I would’ve preferred someone from a blue or swing state, with slightly more experience than she’s got, but Sarah Palin is a solid conservative and a solid choice. And she’ll make Biden look like a Washington-entrenched grandpa. Bring them on.

Posted by Karol at 10:44 AM |
Comments

Pure genius. I like her a lot. Can’t wait for Biden to say that you can’t elect a woman to be VP..O.o.o.
Quote of the day from my office.
“Mccain is crazy, picking that Woman from Alaska…[Clicks on picture]…Wow she’s kinda F’n hot…!”

Posted by: Dan at August 29, 2008 at 11:03 am

Good choice. Hard to say if she can tap into disgruntled Hillary supporters, but maybe just enough to make a difference. And I bet Hillary secretly loves this. McCain probably won’t run again in 2012, so you can bet she wants everything possible to sabotage Obama, setting the stage for her Second Chance. Could 2012 be a woman-woman race?
Deliciously, the criticism of “too young, too inexperienced” can’t be thrown at her by Obama’s campaign. I’m sure the McCain campaign will be accused of hypocrisy, notwithstanding it was Hillary who was bringing that up, but as we know, being a state senator (and merely voting “present” 120 times) is a far cry from being governor.

Posted by: Perry Eidelbus at August 29, 2008 at 11:10 am

1) Thankfully it wasn’t Romney
2) I really like palin’s story…she’s a hockey fan and a former sportscaster
3) most importantly, she’s hot.
between cindy mccain and palin, you gotta wonder if they’re appealing to women or pervy men; which is 99% of men.

Posted by: Larry at August 29, 2008 at 11:16 am

Well DONE, John McCain! There’s the fuckin’ MAVERICK for ya’!
Master stroke! My confidence in McCain’s just got a badly needed B12 shot.
Howz’about PALIN/McCain?

Posted by: Snoop-Diggity-DANG-Dawg at August 29, 2008 at 12:12 pm

So, anyone still think ol’ James is f-ing nuts?
This pick gives me some hellacious confidence that McCain might be in it to win it. I feel like I’m watching the Super Bowl prep all over again. One team is all about offense, the glitz, etc., etc.. The other team is just about punching someone in the mouth until they win the game. This, sports fans, is a punch in the mouth.
As to the not ready for prime time / heartbeat away argument–well, sorry, I think I’m ready for someone not of Washington to be next in line for the Presidency. I think the PUMA-bait this provides will more than counterbalance the fear of a gaffe. Not to mention when your adversary is Joe “Shoe Leather Is Good For You” Biden the fear of fatal gaffes drops considerably.

Posted by: James at August 29, 2008 at 12:21 pm

Is the experience thing off the table now? Because you got nothing else. Awesome!

Posted by: kj at August 29, 2008 at 12:52 pm

What James said.

Posted by: michelle at August 29, 2008 at 3:13 pm

Um, what was the last thing that Obama was in charge of again?

Posted by: James at August 29, 2008 at 9:25 pm

James, I haven’t been this stok’ed about an election since I voted (please forgive me) for BillyJeff in ‘92! I finally believe like we’ve got a winner here!
I CAN’T beleive it. McCain cas been acting like an Alzheimers patient for the last 4 months, and now suddenly he’s Michael Phelps, for God’s sake!
Where the hell did This come from?!? I was all prepared to root for him while resigning myself to 8 years of Marxism. I had enough of damn Marxist life in Moscow ‘93-’95. That experience taught me everything I need to know about socialism.
We can win this thing, people!
Get out!
Get involved!
Get motivated!
This is the most consequential election of the next 50 years!

Posted by: Snoop-Diggity-DANG-Dawg at August 29, 2008 at 9:26 pm

The Palin Perspective: She was not picked by accident so there be more to her than meets the eye. However, whatever it is just isn’t enough for me. Governor of Alaska!? Alaska! She is governor of the paltry populated state of Alaska, not New York, California, New Jersey, nor any other state of significant population but Alaska. I don’t care she handles herself during the election process. Her education and political experience are not prodigious enough to warrant placing her second in line to become Commander in Chief. Bush’s experience may have been dubious but he did have Cheney next to him.

Posted by: VigorJames at September 1, 2008 at 3:12 am