August 28, 2008

Uninvited

From a sad little article about John Edwards supporters:

Robert Groce, 40, of Summerville, S.C., said he still supports Edwards — proudly and defiantly — even though he understands his candidate’s political career is almost certainly finished.

If he understands that Edwards no longer has a political career, what exactly is he proudly and defiantly supporting him doing?

Groce fled New Orleans when Katrina’s floods hit and he was forced to move away. He had landed in Summerville when he saw Edwards launch his campaign from New Orleans’s Lower Ninth Ward.

“That touched me very much,” Groce said.

I’ve heard his dedication to his dying wife touched people very much too.

Via Hot Air Headlines.

Comments

Good G-d. It is amazing what some people will do to get to speak into a microphone. “My life was ruined when Hillary lost.” “Edwards digging in the Ninth Ward touched my heart.” Did these people who say these things ever have any dignity or self-respect? I mean, the sh*t that people fall for is astounding.

Posted by: michael parker at August 28, 2008 at 5:29 pm

Ouch!

Posted by: StB at August 28, 2008 at 5:46 pm

Yardwork.

Posted by: Anonymous at August 28, 2008 at 7:24 pm

Did it ever seem ‘phony’ to these people when Edwards spoke so passionately about two Americas, and yet thought it appropriate to live in a house the size of a city block?
Or that he could make all those speeches but somehow not divest himself of tens of millions of dollars to actually help the poor?
The ‘kicker’ for me was when his wife was diagnosed with incurable cancer, yet this man still thought it reasonable to make a run for the White House. The Left loves to talk about Republican hubris, but we couldn’t lay a glove on Edwards when it comes to ‘hubris’.
This didn’t stop my own mother from supporting him, though. She thought it somehow noble; Edwards running for president so he could fix the broken healthcare system in time to save his suffering wife (uggh).
Good Lord. Some people can’t be helped.
John Edwards: worse than Hitler (Kieth Olbermann, where are you?!?)

Posted by: Snoop-Diggity-DANG-Dawg at August 28, 2008 at 9:54 pm

I agree with almost everything you say…until your last line. I sincerely hope that’s satire because, seriously, John Edwards hasn’t provoked a world war that led to the deaths of 30-100 million people. Had bad taste in mistresses, yes–but committed genocide, no.

Posted by: James at August 29, 2008 at 2:29 am

John Edwards is still part of the party! I heard that he hosted a watching party last night at Hooters somewhere out of Des Moines. No shit!

Posted by: Toby at August 29, 2008 at 7:18 am

After the whole Rielle thing, no one should say they were “deeply touched” by Edwards without expecting some Beavis and Butthead snickering in the background….

Posted by: Mark Poling at August 29, 2008 at 9:24 am