August 27, 2008

That, Dawn, is a buuuuuuurn

“And please clarify for me, which is worse, not knowing the amount of homes you own or how many states we have?”

-Ari

Comments

Yeah, and it’s timely too. What next? Digs on Dukakis’ helmet?

Posted by: Not Dawn Summers at August 27, 2008 at 4:33 pm

Isn’t Obama still your nominee, like, today? Or did Hillary somehow snatch it from him?

Posted by: Karol at August 27, 2008 at 4:39 pm

Just because the trauma of ‘88 still causes the Democrat Party to wet itself does _not_ mean the rest of us even think about it anymore. Well, other than to wonder if they dressed Dukakis up in a gimp outfit or just let him go au natural when ol ‘41 had his way with him.
I think the state issue is sort of big. I mean, it’s not like he said 51 or something–that can be chalked up to constantly hearing “51st state” jokes. No, the man said 57 and, no, he wasn’t having some steak at the time. That’s a bad enough gaffe that it’s just not going to get old this election cycle.

Posted by: James at August 27, 2008 at 4:43 pm

even worse is that Obama mentioned the 57 states he visited and said he’d not yet made it to Hawaii and Alaska – c’mon, that’s worse than a regular old fuck up. Go to YouTube and look up Obama Gaffes, he makes Bush look studious. Look, if the Dems want changechangechange (!!!!!!) I just don’t see how a barely formed neophyte and a bitter DC-lifer is any form of change at all.

Posted by: Ari at August 27, 2008 at 4:53 pm

I guess my question would be do you (ari) honestly think Obama thought there are 50 states, or did he misspeak when trying to say he had already visited 47 (as the context of the clip suggests– one more to go plus hawaii and alaska)?
Most folks thought the latter, which is probably why even the conservative press mostly ignored it until the McCain thing.
Whether or not it should matter, McCain honestly did not know how many houses he has. The point is not that he’s dumb for not knowing (McCain clearly isn’t dumb — and neither is Obama) or that he’s too rich (which sadly has been raised by the crazy left); it’s that most folks know how many houses they own (and McCain’s at least a little bit out of touch when he says he doesn’t).

Posted by: Alceste at August 27, 2008 at 5:20 pm

Also, Alceste, is the fact that they aren’t really his houses. McCain is a kept man. Will Cindy even give him the keys to the White House if he wins?

Posted by: Charles at August 27, 2008 at 6:19 pm

How many homes you reside in vs. how many homes you own and rent out is a vastly different question. Am I supposed to begrudge a guy for having (access) to money? Was Kerry faulted because he married well? Obama has far more than McCain in the bank – should that be held against him as well? You cannot be financially average and run for President – I’m betting this will be the first of many (stupid) points that Obama tries to bring up. And for what it’s worth, I’d rather my spouse pay for my house than Jack Rezko.

Posted by: ari at August 27, 2008 at 6:56 pm

Was Kerry faulted because he married well?
Yes. Frequently.

Posted by: Charles at August 28, 2008 at 10:09 am

Really Charles? Because it sure didn’t seem that he lost any Democrat-based popularity over it.

Posted by: Ari at August 28, 2008 at 11:45 am

Yeah, the Dems looooooooved Kerry. That’s what I remember from 2004. The outpouring of emotion for Kerry.
What I remember is a lot of stupid talk about “electability” and “Anybody But Bush” and then getting stuck with Kerry as the nominee.

Posted by: Charles at August 28, 2008 at 12:44 pm

Yes well, that’s what Dems do. That’s not really my fault or their Sugar Mommies faults.

Posted by: Ari at August 28, 2008 at 2:15 pm

There is way too much ‘hold my nose and vote for McCain’ going on here for you to say that choosing for electability is just something “that Dems do.”

Posted by: Charles at August 28, 2008 at 5:44 pm