May 30, 2008

Things that make my day

“You know this is a ‘large’, right?”- Loehmann’s check-out girl
“Yeah, think it’s too big for me?”-Me
“Uh, yeah, girl, go get yourself a small or medium, I’ll wait.”

I almost start blabbering about having randomly lost a whole bunch of weight and so have no idea what size I am now, but instead just stood there grinning.

Posted by Karol at 10:06 AM |
Comments

Congratualtions.. and yes, Loehmann’s has been known to make people’s days.
The satisfaction of the hunt in the clothes racks, the discounted savings.. and then a compliment to boot? That’s the trifeca of shopping zen!
Did you know that if they didn’t have your smaller size, that you could have bought a large and they would have shipped you the correct size?? How cool is that? It’s the new instore service that Loehamnn’s has. Never buy clothes that don’t quite fit again!
Again. good for you!

Posted by: Discount Diva at May 30, 2008 at 11:45 am

Actually, Karol finally composed herself, told me about this blog and then started blabbering about some IC person that has made everything in her life better

Posted by: Loehmann's check-out girl at May 30, 2008 at 12:00 pm

randomly lost a whole bunch of weight
Again, anyone wanting to kick her ass, email me and I’ll give you her address.

Posted by: Not Dawn Summers at May 30, 2008 at 1:16 pm

I have her address, and am booking my flight to come and kick her ass! How does one randomly lose weight? Tapeworm? She is oooey gooey on the home front, but that usually accounts for ten pounds tops and normally would have expired after a couple of months. Not to mention all the cooking of the delicious looking food, maybe that is burning up some calories? Come to Scotland Karol, I have macaroni pies and butteries for you! ;-)

Posted by: Steff at May 31, 2008 at 5:53 am

Not only that, but the oooey gooey stuff usually adds, not subtracts.
‘course, she did hafta buy a new bed, so you may be on to something with the calorie burning.

Posted by: Eric at May 31, 2008 at 10:22 am

So Karol, how did you lose all that weight?

Posted by: Zelda at May 31, 2008 at 4:51 pm

I honestly don’t know (though I’m sure it wasn’t anything good, most likely stress, had a lot of stuff going on in my life then, coupled with all-night poker sessions where I just didn’t think about food). I didn’t even notice it until Allahpundit pointed it out to me after looking at some of my pictures last Spring/Summer. Then I weighed myself and whattyaknow, I had lost like 20 pounds. I guess that sort of motivated me to lose another 20 by generally watching what I eat. I didn’t diet at all, though, I remember fulfilling every cheese fries craving I had…and then one day just no longer craved anything like that. Then I started cooking which has helped with the healthier eating even if I do make things like cookies, corn bread and buttermilk biscuits. Being lovesick helped, but yeah that bonus has worn off and I eat more now than ever.
I should also preface all of this by saying that I’m only about 10 pounds under my lifelong weight. My back surgery in 2004 caused me to gain about 35 pounds due to extreme inactivity, having to eat laying down, feeling sorry for myself and eating bad food, etc. I basically just lost all that weight plus a little more.

Posted by: Karol at May 31, 2008 at 6:34 pm

Well I am really pleased for you, I honestly didn’t notice you had gained any weight at all! It is encouraging that you have just lost it due to lifestyle, your cooking all that yummy food and doing it makes me jealous though! :-) xo

Posted by: Steff at June 1, 2008 at 8:28 am

Ahhh, American service. You wouldn’t get anyone in Debenhams saying that, that’s for sure.

Posted by: Rowena at June 2, 2008 at 6:21 am

Have you stopped taking a taxi everywhere?
I’ve been exercising like buggery and I’ve not lost anything. i suppose the 40 odd cream eggs I eat last month didn’t help.

Posted by: supersexy29 at June 2, 2008 at 7:34 am

Actually, I didn’t exercise at all, like not one bit, which is a problem because while I’m at my thinnest ever, I’m also my most out of shape. Definitely going to get into an exercise regiment this summer.

Posted by: Karol at June 2, 2008 at 10:50 am

And since no one is reading this thread anymore (right?), here’s a link to a pic of me at my heaviest: http://www.flickr.com/photos/alarmingnews/2396293663/in/set-72157604428549236?edited=1

Posted by: Karol at June 2, 2008 at 10:21 pm

NO WAY! Are you sure you weren’t wearing a fat suit?

Posted by: Perry Eidelbus at June 6, 2008 at 11:18 am