May 28, 2008

Fooooooood

Back in September, I decided I was going to learn how to cook. So, of course, I turned to my awesome commenters for direction and inspiration. You guys were, as always, the best.

I’ve updated some here about my various cooking expeditions but just put together a photo set of most of my attempts on flickr (including the cutie apron IC bought me…though I’m confident it’s his assistant–hi Barb!– who probably deserves most of the credit for the purchase) and thought I’d share.

Things I’ve made in the last 24 hours (both of which came out fairly phenomenal):

Crispy Salted Oatmeal White Chocolate Chip Cookies (recipe from Smitten Kitchen):
Crispy Salted Oatmeal White Chocolate Chip Cookies

Soft shell crabs:

Soft shell crabs

Comments

First and foremost, Barb is a wonderful colleague and friend. That being said, she had very little to do with the apron purchase. The idea was ALL mine. I found the custom apron making website and designed the apron (including color schemes). It was down to one of two captions for the apron and asked for her input. She agreed that “Official Chef of The I.C.” was most appropriate.
PS: wouldnt be the worst if we have soft shell crabs for dinner again tonight. Just. Sayin.

Posted by: The IC at May 28, 2008 at 6:43 pm

What is it about salt and cookies? My grandmother used to make these potato chip cookies when I was a kid, which sound horrible (even to me), but were my very favorite.

Posted by: Tanya at May 29, 2008 at 10:31 am

TRUE! It was all the IC on his glorious own. I merely had the smallest hint of influence which was mostly to confirm what he had already determined was the superior phrase. I’m glad you like it. p.s. I am totally jealous of the soft shell crabs.

Posted by: Barb at May 29, 2008 at 12:34 pm

Is barb hot?
have her call my beeper.

Posted by: E5 at May 29, 2008 at 5:36 pm

Your beeper? I suppose next you’ll want to invite her over to hear some music on the Victrola. ;)

Posted by: Shawn at May 30, 2008 at 9:34 am

”’randomly lost weight, huh?
On cookies and crabs?