April 25, 2008

Food

I am so ready for matzoh-sandwich days to be over, who’s with me?:

Picture 003

I miss bread, pizza and pasta desperately and I’m not even that big into those things (with the exception of pizza) the rest of the year.

In other food news, I made baby back ribs and fries last night. I’m really critical of the food I make so it means something that I’m letting the world know these ribs were off the hizook. The fries were super good too.

I used this recipe (minus the orange zest) for the dry rub but then cooked both types of ribs according to this recipe. I used this recipe for the fries.

Dry and wet rub ribs

Fries

IC’s comment after we ate “I feel like I should call people and tell them about this” made me giggle and blush. Learn to cook, ladies, turns out it’s true about that stomach-heart connection.

Comments

Not that I’m passing judgment or anything (I’m not even Jewish), but… pork ribs are okay for Passover but bread and pasta aren’t?

Posted by: Jim Lesczynski at April 25, 2008 at 3:20 pm

That looks sooooo good.
I think that everytime I make sausage & peppers for Jon he falls a little more in love with me.

Posted by: Lisa at April 25, 2008 at 3:25 pm

Also, didn’t I see those fries in Cindy McCain’s family recipes?

Posted by: Jim Lesczynski at April 25, 2008 at 3:26 pm

Hahaha. How about the meat+milk on the matzoh?

Posted by: Karol at April 25, 2008 at 3:35 pm

So sick of matzo (Granted, I don’t really care too much for it to begin with).
I miss my oatmeal and peanut butter too…
2 more days….

Posted by: jaws at April 25, 2008 at 7:23 pm

Why can’t you eat oatmeal or peanut butter?

Posted by: Karol at April 25, 2008 at 7:45 pm

I’ll eat a pig’s asshole, if you cook it right. ~Chris Rock

Posted by: Casca at April 27, 2008 at 11:59 am

I made eight doughnuts and ate six of them for lunch. They were irresistible hot out of the oil. What happened to the other two? Why, I gave them to gorgeous woman across the hall (she answered the door with something shiny in her navel and accompanied by a very large dog.) Now this was quite out of character, and I can tell you’re concerned about all that sugar hitting my bloodstream all at once, but not to worry, except for the powder on the outside I made them with Splenda

Posted by: bour3 at April 28, 2008 at 4:26 am

That first photo – I was scrolling too fast and thought I saw two sunburned girlie parts eeking out from under a bikini part.

Posted by: Michael Parker at April 29, 2008 at 12:42 pm