February 26, 2008

We so rock.

Survey: Jews are America’s top-earning religious group

Hat-tip Yelena.

Comments

I want to goge Nader’s eyes out even more than I do Man Coulters!
2/26/93 The WTC was supposedly attacked by supposedly Islamic freedom fighters…
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You think, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, The WTC was attacked by Islamic foriegners. Sure! A 2 bit bunch of ragtag towelheads, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, set off a bomb at the WTC!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
You neo-con neo-facist jackboot Repuke Bush lickers are the most gullible fools ever! You probably believe in the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, Osama (not mossad and blackwater) knocked down the WTC, etc…..
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Posted by: kayinmaine at February 26, 2008 at 9:35 pm

This whole post so far is about reinforcing stereotypes, isn’t it? ;)

Posted by: Shawn at February 26, 2008 at 10:07 pm

The Jews are a religious group? I thought it was more like a fraternity.

Posted by: VinNay at February 26, 2008 at 11:07 pm

Well, yeah. Anyone who’s swung(swang?) by Sailer’s place knows why, too.
Still, if we’re going by religion, and not ethnicity, I find it kind of surprising the Mormons didn’t come out on top. I mean, all that not-drinking time has to be put to some use, right? Oh… oh yeah.

Posted by: Eric at February 27, 2008 at 9:08 am

I have no idea how much the average Agnostic makes.

Posted by: E5 at February 27, 2008 at 12:14 pm

The stats seem easy to manipulate. Fairest way is to divide the earnings by all US jews.
Exactly how many jews are there in the USA? The mental Christians probably want to know for when they have a “You killed Our Lord” round-up. Yee haw!

Posted by: bryan at February 27, 2008 at 11:31 pm

bryan,
Just curious… have you ever met any actual Christians, or is this just the NYT talking?

Posted by: Eric at February 29, 2008 at 12:05 pm

Eric, ha ha, I live in the UK; there are probably few groups I haven’t met.
I’ve mentioned this incident on the subway in NYC a few weeks ago: Group of jews shout ‘Happy Hannukah!’ in reply to a group of rowdy Christians having shouted ‘Merry Christmas!’ at them, at which point one of the Christian girls asks “Is that the anniversary of when you killed Christ?”, (surely a true Christian would know about Easter? btw) and the Christians proceed to start a beatdown on the jews. Now this is in NYC, a place where, IMHO, if you don’t care for jews, you should not visit (akin to me disliking Sikhs and therefore not visiting Leicester in the UK). Imagine how a jew would fare in a bible belt state, or read how they fare at the moment.
Not that anybody wants to know btw, it was a bystanding muslim student that rescued the jews from serious harm in the NYC incident….

Posted by: bryan at March 1, 2008 at 2:34 am

Imagine how a Jew would fare in a bible belt state…

Pretty well, I’d say. One of the projects I worked on at the day job was building an e-commerce site for the gift shop in a large Jewish temple here in Dallas. Part of the job involved taking some pictures of the temple. We were escorted by a security officer, but I think that had more to do with the tragedy at the Seattle temple awhile back than anything else.
Very enjoyable project. I met some of the nicest folks.

Posted by: Shawn at March 1, 2008 at 4:41 pm

Shawn, that’s good for you. The more we all realise that, whatever the faith (oir lack thereof), people are mostly just wanting to get on with earning their living, raising their kids and aren’t so different after all.
Listening to supposed ‘Christian’ John Hagee, with his anti semetic, anti Catholic bile, does make me wonder how desireable the USA would be under his type of tutelage. And this is a guy McCain needs to get to the Oval office.

Posted by: bryan at March 1, 2008 at 6:56 pm