February 25, 2008

Funny, that

Only because I’m not there, of course (Via the Weekly Standard Blog):

Cuba features a universal health care system, a minuscule 1.9 percent unemployment rate, near-total literacy, complete political “unity” — and hundreds of thousands of people ready to risk their lives to get the hell out.

Remember when Cubans tried to make a run for Mexico? Mexico. Seriously. When people are trying to escape to a country where life sucks so bad all the people from there are trying to get out too, I don’t want to hear about the literacy rate, k?

Posted by Karol at 03:00 AM |
Comments

if only there was someone in cuba who could rise up and say “hope” and “change” a lot who could free their minds from having objections to socialism….hmmmm….

Posted by: its vintage duh at February 25, 2008 at 4:11 am

Hahahaha.

Posted by: Karol at February 25, 2008 at 11:12 am

OOh, I’m in. Obama can be President of Cuba and we get Hillary.

Posted by: Not Dawn Summers at February 25, 2008 at 2:23 pm

Are you that stupid? I just read this and started to laugh. What do you really know about Mexico? Serious? Please break it down to me. Everyone there wants to come over here….dear god…stupid.

Posted by: joaquin ochoa at February 26, 2008 at 4:37 pm

As Jay-Z says, “men lie, women lie, numbers don’t.” I see the masses of people trying to escape their misery. I see Mexico’s yearly GDP. I see their average yearly salary.
Also, I’ve been all over Mexico, on 7 or 8 separate trips, not just to touristy places, but to villages and small cities and to the capital.
Your ethnic pride is cute and all, but you’re here, in the US, and there’s a reason for that. The reason is that life in Mexico SUCKS. Hope I broke it down for you enough, though I’m sure you knew the embarrassing truth already.

Posted by: Karol at February 26, 2008 at 5:40 pm