December 30, 2007

Who told you so?

McCain leads in latest national Rasmussen poll.

Comments

Do we have national primaries?

Posted by: Von Bek at December 30, 2007 at 5:50 pm

Nope. But if Ron Paul or Duncan Hunter or, well, McCain, take the lead it’s news.

Posted by: Karol at December 30, 2007 at 5:56 pm

And McCain vs Edwards would be a respectable match.

Posted by: hashfanatic at December 30, 2007 at 6:48 pm

Well I don’t think McCain is as dark a horse as my boy Duncan or Paul (or for that matter the actor). I don’t think McCain is that strong; the others have totally stunk up the place.

Posted by: Von Bek at December 30, 2007 at 7:05 pm

If people are tired of Bush, why the hell do they want McCain in office?

Posted by: Pokerwolf at December 31, 2007 at 12:24 am

I don’t see them as being comparable.
McCain wanted to pursue a much different, more aggressive and innovative Iraq policy, and, if memory serves, wanted to dump Rumsfeld years ago.
He’s also much less willing to capitulate to the demands that we negotiate with the tyrannical IRI regime.

Posted by: Gerard at December 31, 2007 at 12:57 pm

Pokerwolf, I was counting on you for some wise words about the meaning of polls.

Posted by: The Amazing Dawn Summers at December 31, 2007 at 1:17 pm

Pre-Iowa/NH excitement may throw off his momentum for the time being, but one win in Florida will, in all likelihood, put him in the lead and get his momentum back.
I think if Giuliani can, somehow, learn to stop talking about September 11th (we get it Rudy, you were there) and his term as mayor, and start getting folks to think about the future, he can have a shot again.
I’ve been a die-hard Rudy guy, and he’s tired me out with the 9/11 mayor shtick.

Posted by: Sean at December 31, 2007 at 9:38 pm

“I personally don’t understand Giuliani’s strategy at this point, but folks have to realize that he’s still favored in places like New York, Florida, California, etc.”
Really, Sean…
I know a boatload of voters who think the world of Giuliani, but none of them think he’s fit to be president…

Posted by: hashfanatic at January 2, 2008 at 12:33 am

Do you really think his lead in Florida, much less New York, will hold up after he crashes and burns in Iowa, New Hampshire, Michigan, Nevada and South Carolina?

Posted by: Gerard at January 2, 2008 at 2:47 pm