December 20, 2007

Don’t hate the album, hate the idiot who made the album

When asked why my boyfriend 50 Cent’s album Curtis lost the sales battle to Kanye West’s Graduation, I say that it’s because Kanye put out the superior album by far.

Graduation is the album of the year. Every song is incredible. It will be a classic.

That’s why it’s a damn shame that Kanye West is such a moron.

Comments

I just smiled and nodded.

Posted by: Shawn at December 20, 2007 at 6:12 pm

Of all the dumb stuff that Kanye has said, this is fairly innocuous. I am however annoyed at him once again waxing poetic about how diverse he is. He is a clown and not even a 1,000 mentions of his above average income household or a closet full of cardigans will convince me that he is anything other than another vacuous celebrity, or in my opinion anything but a decent rapper who was lucky enough to make it and cash out. He may have the album of the year but as far as I’m concerned that is only because rap in the 2,000’s is the corporate rock of the late 70’s “evolving” into hair band rock of the 80’s, more glitz than substance designed for the purpose of marketing at the expense of the art itself.

Posted by: pheeleepok at December 20, 2007 at 7:21 pm

Kanye West should do a public service announcement about how you should do a little research about a plastic surgeon—you know, to see if they have all sorts of complaints filed against them !—before you allow your mother to go under his knife.
Many guys will make no fewer than 12 phone calls to check out the reputation of a body shop that’s doing a little custom job on their car, so why not vet the plastic surgeon that’s doing a custom job on your body.
It’s only your (or your mother’s) life at stake.

Posted by: BadBoyInASuit at December 21, 2007 at 2:02 am

It could also be the liberal buying public. Kanye West said “George Bush doesn’t like Black People.” at the NBC Katrina Fundraiser a couple years back (BTW, whatever happened to those Global Warmist Predictions of crazy hurricane seasons following Katrina? The past two years have been mild)
As for Fitty, didn’t he say he was Republican? Pro-capital dude? Well, there you have it. :)

Posted by: danielnyc at December 21, 2007 at 8:58 am

While I am no fan of Kanye’s music (his rhymes and voice sound so lame to me), I must admit 50’s album was horrendous and uninspired. He was just phoning it in at that point.

Posted by: T at December 21, 2007 at 10:16 am

Oh, I’m so offended.
I feel like marching somewhere…or boycotting something.

Posted by: Dorian Davis at December 21, 2007 at 2:04 pm