November 28, 2007

YouTube Debate

I’m half-watching while hanging out with one Dawn Summers.

So, Ron Paul just confirmed he does indeed believe there is a North American Union?

Mike Huckabee was talking to Mitt Romney and started saying “with all due respect…” and Dawn concluded with “I don’t know what we were talking about, I got lost in your eyes.” It’s the first time she’s seen Mitt live and she is in love.

UPDATE: Mitt Romney is rocking. I love his answer to Fred Thompson’s mini-ad. He won’t apologize for becoming pro-life and he was wrong in his prevous abortion stance! That’s good stuff. I’ll say it here and now, I can be ok with a Romney candidacy.

Comments

Mitt is doing well tonight and beat Rudy on illegal aliens, no ifs ands or buts.
Just me or is Tom Tancredo totally irrelevant to the campaign? I expected that from my boy Duncan Hunter but there is only space for one insurgent in the field and that’s Paul, not Tom T.

Posted by: Von Bek at November 28, 2007 at 9:04 pm

I was very impressed with Huckabee’s answers, I thought he came off very well.
Very surprised they didn’t have a question on global warming/energy.

Posted by: Charlie at November 28, 2007 at 10:45 pm

Please get rid of Tancredo, Hunter, and maybe Paul. Okay, Paul can stay. But Tancredo and Hunter have to go.
Did anyone see else notice Giuliani giggle with glee when my boy Huckabee and Romney went toe-to-toe?
Yet, no Huckabee v. Giuliani. Hmmm….one must wonder…
I’m not nearly impressed with Romney’s response to Thompson’s ad as I am with Giuliani’s refusal to apologize for his belief that the line-item veto is unconstitutional. Now that is some authentic “this is how I feel, go screw yourself” chutzpah. And I’m not even a Giuliani fan.
Good debate in all. ‘Cept the questions sucked ass. Screw you CNN. And let’s keep the mics out of the hands of the gay generals who happened to be on the Veterans for Kerry e-board next time, mmkay?

Posted by: Claudio at November 29, 2007 at 12:04 am

I was listening to a radio station out here that wondered why having someone on an opposing campaign ask a question was such a big deal. (Kerr is on Clinton’s campaign team.) I’ve resolved never to listen to that station again.
I mean, seriously–CNN wonders why its ratings are plummeting and people consider them “biased.” Between the Clinton pep rally last Dem debate and this “oops,” all but the most trusting person has to start thinking that C doesn’t stand for Cable anymore.

Posted by: James at November 29, 2007 at 9:52 am

Watched a bit, listened to more, yawned, went out to start drinking. But, who was the guy who told the mommy to “buy American” in response to her concerned “won’t anyone think of the children” on trade with China?
I was like “right on!” for your Government don’t take care of you, take care of yourself attitude. Then I thought, “Wait, without regulation, would American companies not feed kid lead or asbestos?” Then I was like, “oh yeah, we got lawyers for that.” Hmm, the system works so long as you don’t bitch at the lawyers.

Posted by: Toby at November 29, 2007 at 10:22 am

Mitt Romney is proof you can be a both a practicing Mormon and a Snake Oil salesman.
The answer my friend
Is blowing in the wind…

Posted by: Mark Poling at November 29, 2007 at 1:19 pm

I thought Romney was horrible last night. And I’m a Romney girl. I thought his answers were stiff, uninspired, and he were completely transparent.
And as much as I don’t like Huckabee, he was smooth as a baby’s bottom. I hated him for that, because I really think he is a sheep in wool’s clothing. I’ve asked this before, but what are they drinking in AK because it’s working.

Posted by: Petitedov at November 29, 2007 at 2:21 pm

It’s nice to know that everything’s hunky-dory in Vietnam. I was starting to get worried until Crazy Uncle Ron reassured us that they’re trading with us and everything’s gravy.
Good thing that we cut off aid to South Vietnam, otherwise the Communists over there would have been genociding and expelling those pesky American allies.
Thanks for the edification, Mr. Paul.

Posted by: Gerard at November 29, 2007 at 6:05 pm

That would be “Dr. Paul” to you, Gerard.

Posted by: hashfanatic at November 29, 2007 at 8:15 pm

Well, I am glad someone called bullsh*t on the “American isolationism led to WW 2″ argument. Folks, _Hitler_ led to WW 2 and, considering the English and French were a lot closer and wanted none of him until he decided to invade Poland, I don’t see what the United States could’ve done about it. Not to mention, given all the trade, we were hardly isolationist–our forebears just didn’t share the same need to try and keep everyone from fighting the current generation seems to.
But, other than that, Ron Paul didn’t impress me much. Which is sad, because he does have some good points. Yeah, scoff now at this North American Union concept–then remember that a growing segment of the population doesn’t know the Constitution. I’ll be seeing you in the reeducation camps, comrade.

Posted by: James at November 30, 2007 at 10:14 am