November 27, 2007

Fred?

I’m working on a Fred Thompson post which I hope to have up sometime tonight. It’s not going to be all roses, let me tell ya. In the meantime, check out his two new ads. I think the bottom one is very powerful.

Comments

Eh, not bad. Anybody but Huckabee.

Posted by: W.C. Varones at November 27, 2007 at 6:38 pm

things are going to get exciting when Fred decides to officially enter the GOP race.

Posted by: E5 at November 27, 2007 at 7:34 pm

It’s sarcasm like that which makes me think you’re a member of Fox News. Or, as Fred Thompson calls it, The THEY HATE FRED THOMPSON NETWORK.

Posted by: Gerard at November 27, 2007 at 8:10 pm

Has he announced he’s in the running yet?
I eagerly await his campaign to start.

Posted by: E5 at November 28, 2007 at 10:30 am

All roses for his wife, though. No? Huba huba. She is enough to make Rudy contemplate another divorce. Although…. Rosanne Barr might be enough to make Rudy contemplate another divorce.
On that note, has Rudy spent a night with Britney Spears? That might be a good untrue gossup rumor. Much better than Trent Lott and his twink.
Hrmm. Fred. All roses. Got it.

Posted by: Toby at November 28, 2007 at 11:17 am

What makes you think the rumor about Lott-the salacious one, I mean-is untrue?
Hopefully, the undie-sniffers in the gay blogosphere will find something on Lindsay and he’ll decide to follow Sen. Lott into early retirement.
By 2008 we might actually have a Senate that’s not in the pay of Felipe Calderon & Co. Something we can all get behind, no pun intended.

Posted by: Gerard at November 28, 2007 at 1:43 pm

I’d say the top ad is better than the bottom (the woman telling her “Fred helped me” story).
People tend to reject the “supporter talking directly to camera about how great the candidate is” approach because it comes across exactly as it should – staged. Unless, of course, it’s done tounge in cheek like some others…
The top one covers a lot of good ground for Fred and reminds people that he’s not just an actor running for President.
Personally, I think all of Fred’s ads have come off terribly staged (that little diner set in each commercial is just horrible)

Posted by: Kevin at November 28, 2007 at 3:47 pm

I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt, Gerald. We’ll see. I mean, really, the one who set of my ‘dar’ was good ol’ scooter, but he’s been taken care of already and just sits drinking his champs waiting for a pardon.

Posted by: Toby at November 28, 2007 at 4:09 pm