October 31, 2007

Feel sorry for me, I can’t do it alone

I had part 2 of my horrible dental process today, and have been mired in a combination of pain and self-pity all day, so forgive my lack of blogging.

Comments

Sorry you’re feeling bad, but everyone deserves a good pity party once in a while. Why should Dawn get the Sympathy Season all to herself?
My defense of Club for Growth’s analysis of Mike Huckabee’s fiscal record might cheer you up. Or it might just help you get to sleep.

Posted by: Michael Bates at November 1, 2007 at 3:36 am

Why should Dawn get the Sympathy Season all to herself?
My thoughts exactly!
I’ll check it out, thanks.

Posted by: Karol at November 1, 2007 at 4:05 am

I feel for you.
I just had two teeth extracted-plus some new fillings-and the local anesthetic didn’t do much good in anesthetizing me to the indescribable pain I experienced.
Watching-and listening-to someone wrench out your blood-soaked tooth while fully conscious did have a slightly surreal, SAW-like feeling though, which I suppose is necessary every so often.
Get well soon, Karol.
-good times, G.

Posted by: Gerard at November 1, 2007 at 4:28 pm

The work I’m getting done involves a chisel to my bone and a mallet smashing down on my face. My dentist said “this is going to be alarming but don’t worry.” Yeah, can’t help but worry.

Posted by: Karol at November 1, 2007 at 4:35 pm

Yikes.
Anytime someone from the medical profession tries to allay your fears before a surgical procedure you should worry.
Also, praying couldn’t hurt.
That goes double for dental work.
Good luck.

Posted by: Gerard at November 1, 2007 at 9:28 pm

I was looking forward to my first dentist visit in many years next week. Now, not so much. I just assumed things had progressed to the point where pain was not a big part anymore. Can’t they just put people under like proper mutilators?

Posted by: Shawn Macomber at November 2, 2007 at 4:26 pm