September 28, 2007

The hazards of fake Republicans

Mike Bloomberg not sure Bush was elected.

How much do I hate Mark Green for making me vote Mike in ‘01?

Comments

if you need to be reminded of the name of a real conservative, let me know ;)

Posted by: E5 at September 28, 2007 at 3:18 pm

Barry Goldwater.
Does Bloomberg object to the outcome of the 2004 election as well? Or perhaps is he referring to Bernanke?

Posted by: Shawn at September 28, 2007 at 3:20 pm

I told you you should have voted for Kenny Kramer.

Posted by: Jim Lesczynski at September 28, 2007 at 3:32 pm

Haha. I did vote Libertarian in ‘05 when it was clear it would be a landslide.

Posted by: Karol at September 28, 2007 at 3:48 pm

Pfft!
Bernie Goetz>Kramer
BTW, are Mark Green and his moneybags brother still making a hash of ErrAmerica?

Posted by: Gerard at September 28, 2007 at 4:09 pm

Bloomberg was the most conservative major party nominee in each of his elections.
Most NYC Republicans would be Democrats elsewhere.
Most NYC Democrats would be institutionalized elsewhere.
chsw

Posted by: chsw at September 28, 2007 at 5:08 pm

Bloomberg’s “joke” doesn’t even make sense. Is one a better economic forecaster if he/she wins an election?
And if florescent light bulbs is the best they could come up with as an example of how fighting global warming is economically beneficial, color me unpersuaded.

Posted by: FunkyPundit at September 28, 2007 at 5:59 pm

Fluorescent are economically beneficial for some, but for others they are only monetarily beneficial, not economically beneficial. The difference is that economics isn’t just about money: it’s the science of human choice and its consequences, so consumer happiness is an important consideration in any transaction.
Fluorescent bulbs suck. The inadequate output and artificial feel make me sick. I would need 500W of fluorescent lighting, with a suitable mild yellow tint, to equal the output of the 150W bulb I use in my desk lamp and the 200W in my bedroom ceiling. Now that’s light, and I’m willing to pay a higher electric bill for it.
Incandescent bulbs do cost more money in the long term, but they give me better light for the money I spend, so to me they’re economically superior to fluorescent.
Oh, and the last fluorescent bulbs I bought broke within the warranty period, but after the store’s return perior. The manufacturers required that I mail them back at my own expense to get replacements. You know what? For all I care, they can stick the bulbs up their tightwad asses, and twist. That’s when I went back to incandescent and realized what I had forsaken.

Posted by: Perry Eidelbus at October 1, 2007 at 2:23 pm