August 30, 2007

Allegiance

I think we have a winner in the competition for my football fandom. My good friend SMVP claims that he has purchased, for me, a Cowboys tanktop as well as a t-shirt. I think I’m going to look adorable in this and this. I already like how I look in SMVP’s hat:

img_0296

SMVP is the same friend that got me the Carolina basketball shirt. It just seems like he’s more committed to spreading his fan love than the rest of you people. I’m not officially a fan until I’m wearing the shirt but since we’re pretty close I’ll say: let’s go Cowboys!

Posted by Karol at 11:12 AM |
Comments

On behalf of the entire Dallas Cowboys family, we welcome you with open arms to our team.
And don’t worry, the Jets can be the local team that you root for in that young mentoring way in the hopes that they one day reach the glory that all Jets fans your age have never experienced.
As for the Redskins, may they and their fans rot in the misery that is their terrible coach, terrible quaterback and even more awful cross dressing fans.

Posted by: Tony Romo at August 30, 2007 at 11:41 am

Talk to the hand, karol….you have now crossed the line…you are part of the axis of evil…you might as well become a democrat and have a “I love hillary” bumper sticker.
99.99999% of America is disappointed in you.

Posted by: Larry at August 30, 2007 at 11:46 am

I see that the cowpuke fan had to buy fandom of Karol…that’s how bad it’s gotten cowgirl nation…they now need to buy their fans.
P.S. our “terrible coach” is in the hall of fame..one of the 5 greatest coaches of all time.

Posted by: Larry at August 30, 2007 at 11:53 am

Did I mention the Redskins (like Democrats) have historically been sore losers.

Posted by: Jerry Jones at August 30, 2007 at 11:57 am

BTW, it is not a claim. I have in fact purchased the gear for you.
Why is Larry so angry? He needs to relax and enjoy the rest of the summer cuz its gonna be a long season for him…

Posted by: SMVP at August 30, 2007 at 12:03 pm

Yes, welcome to Cowboy Nation. Good work, SMVP. I’d have bought the paraphernalia myself, but I was afraid I’d be lynched upon my next trip back to NY. It’s hard enough living in ’skins country.
PS- I haven’t heard anything about Carrie Underwood lately, so Tony might have an extra room in his posse. I’m just sayin’.

Posted by: Nikhil at August 30, 2007 at 12:12 pm

Republican, Yankee fan, Cowboy fan, of course… do you also root for the house in blackjack?

Posted by: Steve at August 30, 2007 at 12:13 pm

I’m not angry…I’m just very disappointed in Karol’s poor judgement…She made her bed and now she’ll lay in it…..how many years has it been since the boys won a playoff game?
HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Larry at August 30, 2007 at 12:25 pm

Karol, you have now joined the ranks of other famous Cowboy fans:
1)Saddam Hussein (loves(loved) troy aikman)
2)Pol Pat (yes the butcher of cambodia)
3)Jaque Chirac the frenchy
4)SMVP
5)Jimmy Carter
6)Charles Manson (season ticket holder)
7)Yasser Arafat (a huge moose johnston fan)
8)Karol Sheinin (Blogger and Poker Aficianado)
Your in good company!

Posted by: Frank White at August 30, 2007 at 12:40 pm

Other famous Jets fans:

Posted by: SMVP at August 30, 2007 at 12:52 pm

And remember K, YOU’RE in good company!

Posted by: SMVP at August 30, 2007 at 12:53 pm

Man, how can so many people hate the ‘Boys? I mean, I don’t _like_ the Cowboys, but I at least _respect_ a team that regularly puts a good product on the field. Perennial contenders and a team of legendary figures (Tom Landry, anyone), the ‘Boys are a fine choice for a football neophyte.
Although, just as a question, why not the J-E-T-S, JETS! JETS! JETS! ? Don’t like the local teams or just wanting to see if you can coerce the fan base into free stuff?

Posted by: James at August 30, 2007 at 12:58 pm

In case your interested here is a list of a few famous Jets fans:
1)Frank Lloyd Wright
2)Pablo Picasso
3)Albert Einstein
4)Frank White
5)Stephen Hawking
6)Marie Curie

Posted by: Frank White at August 30, 2007 at 1:03 pm

Get in where u fit in

Posted by: Frank White at August 30, 2007 at 1:04 pm

Just remember, the Jets dont buy allegiance we accept applications from only the finest. We are a boutique club.

Posted by: Pheeleepok at August 30, 2007 at 1:10 pm

Speaking as an Atlanta resident, I’d just like to put in a good word for…
…the Rams.

Posted by: Gib at August 30, 2007 at 1:37 pm

This follows the trend for you allying with the sworn enemy of “my” teams (eh, Glasgow Rangers down to David, Red Sox, well I lived in Mass. and it seemed cruel not to, and now the Cowboys, who due to the paternal Redskins support were our nemesis (we’re talking the 80’s)- so where do you stand on basketball – shall we just call it a day and get you a Bulls shirt?!) not that I give a crap, really! :-)

Posted by: Steff at August 30, 2007 at 2:24 pm

I don’t like basketball, it’s my least favorite sport. In high school, my boyfriend was a huge Knicks fan (and I mean huge, like took long walks by himself when they’d lose a game) and so I followed it with him but really have no interest in the game or any of the teams.
David could’ve gotten me the Rangers shirt and turned me into a lifelong Rangers fan. :-) I believe David was there the night I became a Celtic fan.

Posted by: Karol at August 30, 2007 at 2:28 pm

Well, as a fellow Cowboy Fan, I’ll say welcome aboard.

Posted by: Shawn at August 30, 2007 at 2:41 pm

David says he doesn’t recall this, that he doesn’t hang out with Celtic fans ;-) He doesn’t even own a Rangers top though so he’s not a proper Ranger fan (sh!). I’ve been to a Knicks game, as well as Boston Celtic, live basketball I found supremely boring, but I do like it on t.v. Whereas football I prefer live, the blankets and hot cocoa make it more fun!

Posted by: Steff at August 30, 2007 at 2:45 pm

Don’t you think Karol would look best in Burgundy?..matches her perfectly.
HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Larry at August 30, 2007 at 2:46 pm

Yeah she’s one of the few redheads who look good in red :-)

Posted by: Steff at August 30, 2007 at 2:48 pm

COWBOYS SUCK MOOSE C!@#

Posted by: TRUCK at August 30, 2007 at 3:27 pm

Burgundy? No.
Burnt Orange? You betcha.
\m/

Posted by: Shawn at August 30, 2007 at 4:13 pm

And to think how adorable you would’ve looked with your orange hair and a turquoise jersey.
Oh well. At least you didn’t end up with either of those we’re-from-New-Jersey-but-won’t-admit-it teams.

Posted by: Peter at August 30, 2007 at 4:28 pm

Cowboys regularly put a solid product on the field? Not since the 90s, they haven’t. Not that I can talk. I’m a Saints fan. But we sure embarrassed us some Cowboys last year. Chumps.
But I guess Karol, always trying to “keep it real” would go with the team formerly known as the Crack Wagon.

Posted by: Ken at August 30, 2007 at 4:55 pm

Hey, I’m not saying I can say much either (I’m a Chiefs fan). However, consider that the ‘Boys have made the playoffs or been in the hunt almost every year that I can remember (and that’s long before the NFC was the doormat conference), I’d say that they do all right. I think they’d have done better sans Jerry Jones, but owners are another discussion for a different day.

Posted by: James at August 31, 2007 at 1:04 am

Karol,
You should consider changing your Premier League allegiance from Sunderland to Fulham, since Fulham now has 4 American players on its roster.

Posted by: BadBoyInASuit at August 31, 2007 at 1:28 am

I always wondered what Cowboys fans did during the offseason!

Posted by: Radical Redneck at August 31, 2007 at 10:32 am

The thing is that once I choose a team I am very, very loyal.

Posted by: Karol at August 31, 2007 at 10:45 am

Sombody get that girl a Che’ T Shirt. Marxist Karol could be fun…

Posted by: M at August 31, 2007 at 12:09 pm

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets
Both the Jets and the Mets trailed Philly 11-10 yesterday but only the Jets won…

Posted by: Kevin Walsh at August 31, 2007 at 7:04 pm

Real Americans are Steelers fans.

Posted by: Mark Poling at September 1, 2007 at 4:59 am