August 28, 2007

The end of Big Love

Click on for thoughts on the finale.

Posted by Karol at 12:28 AM |
Comments

What an ending, indeed.
Currently working up a post-season recap post – I’ll post it in the AN comments when availeble, but tonight, the fingers are through pecking.

Posted by: Flip at August 28, 2007 at 2:02 am

Wow… that was the finale? I was so unaware.

Posted by: Ari at August 28, 2007 at 9:56 am

I think we’re starting to see a little ‘bad Bill’ come out over the last few episodes. In the finale, he talked a couple of times of the Big House and his desire for revenge against the Grants for what they did to his grandfather. And in the episodes before that, he displayed a surprisingly Machiavellian streak while playing his wives against each other over the Weber gaming stuff. I’m not surprised that he schemed againt Grant and the Greens, but to turn that onto his family seems a little cold. Next season, I think we’re going to see that you can take the boy out of Juniper Creek, but you can’t take the Junipoer Creek out of the boy

Posted by: Jeff at August 28, 2007 at 12:40 pm

I expected more out of the episode. Roman being arrested is the cliffhanger? Terrible. I was expecting something to happen to one of the family members. I thought Ben was going to get killed or something.
Yeah, the little girls on the float was way too creepy.
One thing that fascinates me on the show is how they get all of the compound actors to get the precise inbred look about them. Freakish.

Posted by: StB at August 28, 2007 at 4:39 pm

One thing that drives me crazy is Nicki continually tipping off Alby. On the one hand, she’s really smart and manipulative, but on the other she’s too stupid to realize that nothing good can come from letting Alby know that Bill and Roman were on their way back to Juniper Creek.
And what happened to all the fancy security Bill had installed to defend against the Greens? It doesn’t seem to stop Alby from popping into the house every 15 minutes to drop off rattlesnakes or whatever.

Posted by: Jim Lesczynski at August 29, 2007 at 10:08 am