June 28, 2007

Hey, hey, hey, goodbye

Amnesty bill fails. Hurrah!

Comments

It might be time for some primary challenges next year. Maybe a few folks from both parties _not even making it to the general election_ could get the point across that this bill was a bad idea.
But there I go being all idealistic again.

Posted by: James Young at June 28, 2007 at 2:18 pm

Try to follow the score card on this one. Woah! Kennedy and McCain both alligned with Bush; Conservative Reps. & Webb against; Brownback flopping in the breeze and seeing where the wind blows. Graham was for. I’m not sure what to think being for the vote makes Lieberman? Does that put him in line with his party or sucking or dropping trow for GWB again? Hmmm…

Posted by: toby at June 28, 2007 at 2:28 pm

Get out from under our umbrella, ella ella, eh eh eh.

Posted by: Not Dawn Summers at June 28, 2007 at 2:59 pm

James-
You’d better hope the electorate suddenly develops a long-term memory. As Michael Barone notes:
That leaves the Senate sharply split between those whose seats are up in 2008 and those whose seats are up in 2010 or 2012. The 2008 senators voted 24 to 9 against cloture, with Johnson not voting. The 2010 and 2012 senators voted 37 to 29 for cloture. That

Posted by: Nikhil Bhat at June 28, 2007 at 4:10 pm

I think that Hagel and Graham are done. I’ve thought the former for awhile, but the latter didn’t do himself any favors.
As to voter long memories–heh, I can only hope :) .

Posted by: James Young at June 28, 2007 at 4:50 pm

Who’s done? Well el presidente Jorge W. Bush for one (but he’s been done a while now…). Word is Hagel is not running in 2008. And you can’t beat a somebody with a nobody. Graham is a somebody. There are a lot of has beens ready to take him on (David Beasley…come on down!) but I don’t think he is ready to go yet.
So who’s done? John Sununu.

Posted by: Von Bek at June 29, 2007 at 1:21 pm