June 27, 2007

Cutting the apron strings

Can I spot talent or what? My semi-regular guest-blogger Dorian Davis is now writing for AFF’s fabulous Brainwash site. His first article is on how conservatives should respond to the latest Die Hard movie.

Comments

Oh, my. I agree with him. For maybe the second time ever. Congrats, Dorian.

Posted by: Sam L. at June 27, 2007 at 12:42 pm

Uh. So action movies cause SWAT abuses? Yippi-ki-yay, ….

Posted by: Ken at June 27, 2007 at 1:06 pm

Ken-
No, not “cause.”
Re-read it.

Posted by: Dorian Davis at June 27, 2007 at 1:16 pm

anyone who isn’t on the gov’ts side in Ruby Ridge and WACO, and also cites CATO as a source is okay in my book!!!!!

Posted by: E3 at June 27, 2007 at 1:28 pm

“In 1993, a similar episode happened in Waco, Texas, where police used tanks and a battering ram to attack a private compound, also on a minor weapons charge, resulting in the deaths of 79 people, including 21 children.”
Wrong. The tanks were called out in response to the MURDER OF FOUR ATF AGENTS serving a lawful warrant. You don’t have to support everything Janet Reno did at Waco–she made some awful decisions–or the underlying firearms restrictions, to realize that killing four federal agents isn’t something we should just shrug away.
Maybe in the happy libertarian paradise the initial raid would never have happened. But when it did and they killed those agents, it was obvious that some degree of force was going to be necessary to bring them to justice.

Posted by: See-Dubya at June 27, 2007 at 5:22 pm

that’s a good point… it is standard protocol for 76 agents to go in guns blazing to merely “serve a warrant”.
What say you, Dorian?

Posted by: E2 at June 28, 2007 at 9:02 am

See-Dubya-
While the exact cause of the Waco disaster may never be known, it ought to be obvious that the deaths of several officers and 79 civilians while carrying out investigations on a minor weapons charge is an overreach of law-enforcement, and a grave mistake at the Justice Department.

Posted by: Dorian Davis at June 28, 2007 at 10:52 am

Don’t get snippy with me young man! Just because you’re out on your own now doesn’t mean you can talk to me that way!

Posted by: Ken at June 28, 2007 at 12:18 pm