February 22, 2007

Unserious people

Funkypundit takes on Mike Lupica of the NY Daily News and others who think Iraq is just “Bush’s war”.

Comments

For the 9,000th time, an overbearing, self-important, pretentious sportswriter becomes an overbearing, self-important, pretentious leftist scold.
Still won’t get you on the SI A-List Mikey.
Fucking Spaghetti Bender, no wonder we have to pay our realtors so much to keep vowel-ending names out of our neighborhoods.
Don’t piss me off about sports today – DJ has died. :-(

Posted by: Radical Redneck at February 22, 2007 at 5:46 pm

The only thing I remember about Dennis Johnson is that Johnny Most made one the most memorable calls in sports announcing history on that pass play to Larry Bird.
Still, it’s sad, even though I’m a Knicks’ fan.
Reminds me a bit of how Len Bias and Pete Maravich went.

Posted by: Gerard at February 22, 2007 at 8:25 pm

Hey Gerard, how’s this for the Johnny Most call;
“Birrrd stole the ball, Birrrd stole the ball !”
By the way, Karol, Funkypundit took Lupica to the cleaners in that response. Ouch.
Of course, guys like Radical Redneck and Von Bek can never just limit their focus to debating the merits of someone’s ideas—their pathologies toward “ethnic types” (i.e., Italians) always gets in the way !

Posted by: BadBoyInASuit at February 23, 2007 at 1:42 am

How much does it cost to put a trailer in the park these days Gomer?

Posted by: David at February 23, 2007 at 9:56 am

How much does it cost to put a trailer in the park these days Gomer?

Not sure. We pay our realtors (and cops) a lot of money to keep your family far, far away precisely because we don’t want to see trailers and their/your element. ;-)

Posted by: Radical Redneck at February 23, 2007 at 5:05 pm

“Birrrd stole the ball, Birrrd stole the ball!”

Hey Bilgeboy, it’s “Havilchek stole the ball”. Stop limiting your focus. :-D
I know it well because Johnny was my neighbor in the tony, non-vowel-ending-named inhabited town in which I grew up.

Posted by: Radical Redneck at February 23, 2007 at 5:12 pm

Radical Redneck, dude, the John Havilcek thing is from a different game—from a different decade.
I thought it was pretty obvious that Gerard and I are talking about the game where Bird stole the inbounds pass, and fed it to Dennis Johnson at the end of a 1987 playoff game vs. Detroit.
So, yes, it IS, “Birrrd stole the ball, Birrrd stole the ball !”

Posted by: BadBoyInASuit at February 23, 2007 at 7:31 pm

“From” Larry Bird rather.
Should have corrected that earlier.
Eh….it was still an amazing call.

Posted by: Gerard at February 24, 2007 at 12:26 am