January 29, 2007

What’s that saying about Palestinians loving their children more than hating Jews?

The culture is sick.

Dozens of neighbors celebrated outside [the suicide bomber's house] after the fiery attack that killed him and three other people, waving his photo and praising him as a martyr. Inside, his mother greeted mourners with a smile.

“He told me: ‘Meeting God is better for me than this whole world,’” said Rowayda Siksik, wearing a white veil.

She said her son told her only that he was going to carry out an operation inside Israel. “He said, ‘Goodbye, I am going, mother. Forgive me.’ I told him, ‘God be with you.’”

Comments

Even if they are bombarded daily with hardcore anti-Jewish propaganda, it is hard to believe that they don’t have a least some sense of dencency, a voice in the head saying that there is something wrong with suicide bombing.
But no, they name their streets after their suicide bombers. It is strong evidence that they have truly lost their humanity. I don’t think they can get it back, either.

Posted by: michael parker at January 29, 2007 at 5:49 pm

I, too have often wondered, is it really possible that not one of these “radical islamists” has a conscience….that lil’ voice within that warns us of danger, like walking down the dark alley at 2am, makes us leery of stepping out onto the frozen lake…….Can it truly be that none of them have ever heard this inner voice? or is that their convictions, as twisted as they may be, are so strong, that they ignore – overcome – & silence those warnings in a misguided attempt to display their faith. It is a shame that Miss Cleo couldn’t get a messege to ‘em from the other side, (from some of the ones that have completed these senseless murders) – i’ll venture a bet that the messege would go something like this
“brother man – you better run as far as u can from them there crazies, they lied to ya, it’s hot here, but Allah is no where to be found, it’s bad bad bad…spread the word…you’ve been forewarned.”…..

Posted by: Kristy at January 29, 2007 at 8:00 pm

And yet Jane Fonda, Susan Sarandon and that waste of life (& film) Sean Penn weep for these pathetic, hopeless, murderous losers and their ilk.

Posted by: Ari at January 29, 2007 at 9:01 pm

Islam is a religion of peace !

Posted by: BadBoyInASuit at January 29, 2007 at 10:04 pm

It’s very easy to cast stones when the picture is narrowed and isn’t looked at as a whole.
Remember that the Israelis, and all the other Arab countries I might add, haven’t treated these people with kindness and generosity for hundreds, if not thousands, of years.
I’m not saying that suicide bombing is justified. Far from it. But, learning a bit of background on things before passing judgement might not be a bad idea.

Posted by: Pokerwolf at January 30, 2007 at 7:01 am

Pokerwolf,
I disagree. There’s simply no justification for it. None. I don’t care what the real or perceived insults were. Firing on Israeli military, blowing up fences, agitating for international boycots… okay. I could even stomach the occasional hijacking if nobody got hurt in the end.
Teaching your kids to strap on a bomb and blow up a pizza parlor or a bus full of civilians? No. I guess I could have some sympathy for Palestinians, given the facts you cite, but I don’t. For the last couple decades they’ve behaved like animals and don’t deserve to be treated like civilized people.
And it’s not just a fringe group of wackos. The whole society is shot through with that kind of stupidity. F ‘em.

Posted by: Eric at January 30, 2007 at 8:43 pm

If you think there’s hope for the palis then read their children’s textbooks sometime, or take a look at the gallery of children they parade in miltary and suicide bomber fatigues, or look into the pallywood phenomenon. Eric is right – tragically, this culture is beyond hope or redemption. It will take not only an epiphany of some kind (perhaps a true military humiliation), but also generations thereafter to completely exorcise this sickness.

Posted by: scot at January 30, 2007 at 9:39 pm

Pokerwolf: This was a discussion about crossing the line, about knowing limits and why there is no little voice in the Palestinian mind.
In the not-yet-60 years of Israel (which is neither a century nor a millenium), the Israelis have not been strapping bombs onto their children, teens, and mothers-of-two (that mother, by the way, aspired to “knock on the door of heaven with the skull of a Jew”) to mutilate civilians.
I throw this in for you: when Israelis donated blood for the Palestinians, it was rejected.
“learning a bit of background on things before passing judgement might not be a bad idea.”
..uh, yeah.