January 25, 2007

Talking back to Jimmy Carter

“We are developing an ingrained hatred for people who aren’t Christians,” said Carter, a Sunday School teacher since he was 18 years old.

I’m Jewish and it isn’t Christians that have an ingrained hatred of me.

Unwarranted fear of terrorism is behind these feelings, he said.

I was in NY on 9/11, my fear of terrorism is very warranted. Our fear of terrorism became warranted, actually, when Americans were taken hostage in Iran and we watched our ineffectual president do nothing because, I guess, he felt fear of terrorism was unwarranted. That was you, by the way.

“The distortion that we are about to be destroyed makes us suspicious of those who don’t worship the way we do,” he said. “And our country has no reason to be afraid.”

We have a lot of reasons to be afraid and we’re not suspicious of people who worship differently from us unless their method of worship includes flying planes into our buildings.

I know it is too much to ask that Jimmy Carter, for once, be on the right side of international conflict. But is it too much to ask that an ex-president not talk about Americans like they’re too stupid to understand the complexities of Islamists trying to destroy us?

Comments

That’s alot of words to say what we all know; Jimmy Carter is an ASS.

Posted by: Ari at January 25, 2007 at 6:14 pm

Posted by: scot at January 25, 2007 at 10:33 pm

Right? It is practically his mission statement after all.

Posted by: Ari at January 25, 2007 at 10:36 pm

Just remind yourself it’s un-Jewish to wish death upon even a scumbag like Carter. I’ve a hard time with that myself…

Posted by: J.Kende at January 25, 2007 at 11:53 pm

Carter’s boundless ignorance never ceases to amaze me.
It’s like Roland’s grow bag.
Just when you think he’s exhausted his supply of stupidity Mr. Peanut goes into overdrive.

Posted by: Gerard at January 26, 2007 at 2:51 am

I can’t think of any particular dislikes, let alone hatred, of Buddhists, Taoists, Animists, Hindus, Jews, Sihks, Pagans, or even Satanists for that matter.
And those folks “aren

Posted by: Sean at January 26, 2007 at 4:20 am

I suppose our hatred is measured in the amount of foreign aid we send to non-Christian people. We give more than any other country.
I wish the Bush Administration would tout that fact more often. Oh yeah, how many more non-Christian women are voting in the world since we acted on our post 9-11 hatred? I don’t think Carter is stupid. His ignorance of these facts is actually evil.
So how about that list of American foreign aid? Look in the corner and you will see Carter’s notation, “too many Jews”.

Posted by: Michael Parker at January 26, 2007 at 8:11 am

The Project for a New American Century predicted that to use fear to effective subjugate American citizens it would take an attack like Pearl Harbor. That’s what we got on 9/11. Bush was warned about the method to be used (flying planes into buildings) and roughly the time.
He got what he wanted, FEAR as a tool. And now just look at what he’s done with it. Some people even voted for him again. VP Cheney thinks the war in Iraq is a stunning success.
No one could possibly have advanced the cause of the terrorists as much as President Bush and co-President Cheney. Their recruitment is up, their funding is up, we’re losing hope for democracy in South America because we’ve set such a poor example, and we’re now losing the war we already won in Afghanistan.
Go ahead, pick on President Carter. That’s really productive.

Posted by: Anonymous at January 26, 2007 at 8:32 am
Posted by: Von Bek at January 26, 2007 at 9:04 am

“I’m Jewish and it isn’t Christians that have an ingrained hatred of me.”
Sure, your average Christian isn’t in the same ballpark as the average Muslim.
But don’t kid yourself.
A shocking number of Christians think we killed Christ (including elected officials) and all devout Christians think we’re going to hell for not accepting Jesus as our savior.
Not figuratively, literally.

Posted by: Joe Grossberg at January 26, 2007 at 9:20 am

Look in the corner and you will see Carter’s notation, “too many Jews”.
Or people whose names sound suspiciously Joooowish.
Abraham Lincoln? That dirty Jew!

Posted by: Gerard at January 26, 2007 at 10:02 am

Hear, hear, Gerard, since WND would not botch a story and surely Prof. Monroe Freedman can be trusted by all good Americans….wait where we have heard that name before…..Monroe Freedman.
Why he is a supporter of the traitor Pollard. Most Americans would probably not find Freedman credible.

Posted by: Von Bek at January 26, 2007 at 10:16 am

Thanks for speaking up and defining my beliefs *for* me, Joe. Or, hey, maybe I’m just not “devout” enough, since I don’t really believe that.
You mean the unspeakable “ingrained hatred” that “inspires the action” of asking and badgering a Jewish person to come to Jesus? Which would pretty much be the action called for by your average devout-thinking Evangelical’s beliefs.

Posted by: Anwyn at January 26, 2007 at 11:32 am

Joe,
I dunno which Christians you’ve been hanging around. I was raised Catholic, which is the largest Christian sect, and went to a Catholic high school. I don’t remember anyone saying Jews would go to hell, and some of my teachers were old-school priests and nuns. In fact, I remember a field trip to a synagogue where the rabbi explained Judaism to us.
I’m sure there are some evangelicals who feel that way, but they think Christians of other denominations are going to hell as well. I don’t think they hate you, but they’re likely to knock on your door and irritate you. They think what they’re doing is an act of love, not hate.
And the whole Christ-killers thing doesn’t make sense to anyone with two brain cells to rub together, since Jesus was a Jew. The fact that you found a senile old nut who thinks Jews should apologize to Christians doesn’t mean other Christians feel the same way.
I’m not saying there’s no antisemitism. But that seems to spring more from the tinfoil hat idea that a Jewish banking cabal controls the world. But we know that’s not true – otherwise Ari would have a job by now :) .

Posted by: Eric at January 26, 2007 at 12:02 pm

You only need look to the average, “moderate” Muslim in order to discover how profundly warped that religion is.
Most “moderate” Muslims believe in:
1. Holocaust denial.
2. The dissolution of the Jewish State, even if it means the extermination of 5+ million Jews.
3. The supremacy of his/her religion and corresponding subjugation of other faiths.
It’s hard to think of any person of another faith whose “moderate” disposition would lead them to similar beliefs.
I’ll concede Joe’s point that you can-on an individual basis-find a few self-proclaimed Christians who are just as mind-bogglingly insane as your typical Muslim in, say, Cairo.
However-and this is the key point that you apparently agree with-they are so anomalous that even if they espouse violence it has a minimal to non-existent impact upon the rest of society.
Also, Islamists who carry out ritualistic beheadings, advocate the genital mutiliation of young girls, launch hostage-takings, as well as self-immolating bomb attacks, etc., have a legitimate claim to their founder’s mantle. They are following, to a greater or lesser extent, the tenets espoused by Mohammed’s followers in the Koran and his hadiths.
When a putative “Christian” like Prince Johnson mutiliated and tortured other Liberians under the pretext of his religion it had no basis in the New Testament or any extant Christian doctrine.
In other words, Islamic terrorists can credibly claim to be following their religion while Christian demagogues or criminals would have to distort the very meaning of Christianity in order to prove that they are working on behalf of Jesus Christ.

Posted by: Gerard at January 26, 2007 at 12:08 pm

I love this.
Discrediting the source somehow discredits the assertions made by the source.
Let’s take your “reasoning” to its logical conclusion.
Dov Hikind is a crooked politician who happens to be my assemblyman.
He also happens to support pardoning Jonathan Pollard.
Now, according to your tenuous logic that would mean that every assertion made by Hikind, no matter how demonstrably true, is garbage.
So when he says most international terrorism is committed by people of the Muslim faith that means he’s a dissembling bastard.
Thanks for the edification.
Tell me, who exactly is denying the assertions made by Mr. Freedman in relation to Mr. Peanut, aside from that goober’s flacks and damage-control team?
Just curious.

Posted by: Gerard at January 26, 2007 at 8:24 pm

Lol, I am with you on Hikind. He is corrupt to say the least.
My point is that anyone who aids and abets a traitor like Pollard, and this is exactly what I think the likes of these gentlemen are doing, should be looked at with some suspicion. I’m not saying that they are always wrong. But they have placed the flag with the Star of David over the flag with the Stars and Stripes. And that makes me very wary of them.

Posted by: Von Bek at January 27, 2007 at 8:42 am

“A shocking number of Christians think we killed Christ (including elected officials) ”
Your term ‘we’, of course, means Jews.
Jesus was a Jew. A far larger number of Christians realize this fact as well.
“… and all devout Christians think we’re going to hell for not accepting Jesus as our savior. ”
And they’d like to help you accept Jesus as your savior. They’re doing that out of love, actually, hard as that may be for you to believe. If you’re sure of your beliefs, it’s hard to imagine not wanting to help others to see the “light”. Doesn’t make those Christians bad people.
“Mainstream Christian theology says we’re condemned to an eternity of infinite suffering for our beliefs.
I’d say that’s “ingrained hatred”, and I’m glad that it doesn’t often inspire action these days.”
And if Christians actually hated you, they wouldn’t be insterested in converting you and saving your eternal soul. They’d leave you alone to rot in hell for all eternity.
To some people, that’s actually very serious business, your eternal soul.
When judging someone, consider those people’s actual motives for their actions, not how their actions make you feel.

Posted by: Sean at January 28, 2007 at 5:31 am

I was there, too, and I saw people falling to the ground and splattering on the street. To be honest, the terrorist don’t scare because of that…I mean I grew up around people dying all the time back home…it was never a new thing and didn’t phase me the least bit. I went back the next day to help to try and rescure people and left it at that. I think that we have lost more people in Iraq than the World Trade and to people that weren’t even terrorist to start off but now are pissed because we invaded their country and now are trying to kill the soldiers…I would think that most people here would do the same thing if someone came to the USA and tried to enforce their laws on Americans. I think what is to fear is the number of future terrorist that this war is creating to be honest.

Posted by: joaquinochoa at January 29, 2007 at 4:26 pm

Talking Back to Jimmy Carter

Karol: “You wanna say that to my face, Jimmah? Hm? Hm?”

Posted by: Mary Katharine Ham at January 30, 2007 at 12:04 pm

Von Bek, your resentment toward Israel reminds me of Pat Buchanan, as well as another Jimmy….Jim Baker.

Posted by: BadBoyInASuit at January 30, 2007 at 12:41 pm

He will forgive you but he may lust for you anyway

Posted by: Mackieline at January 30, 2007 at 4:12 pm

Oh dear. If you are a woman, I just fell in love with you. If you are a man, I have confusing feelings.
So simple, yet so accurate! Carter only had 4 years to destroy America as president, but he’s still working hard to achieve that goal.

Posted by: Kevin at January 30, 2007 at 6:53 pm

It is astonishing that people like Alan Dershowitz feel compelled to recite the mantra that Carter is not an anti-Semite before they demonstrate that the point is essentially incontrovertible. If we stop uttering this mantra, perhaps this hate-filled man, who debased this country and the presidency itself when he held office, will recognize that his 15 minutes are over and that only palestinian jihadists and murderers, whom he defends with unmitigated vigor, have any use for him and that it is finally time to retire to his farm

Posted by: Jeff M. at February 1, 2007 at 10:56 am

Whats the size of JIMMY CARTERS brain pea size walnut size or even smaller HE IS A OVIOUS MORON AND COMPLETE STUPID IDIOT HE MUST WONDER WHY HE ONLY LASTED ONE TERM its becuase of his bumbling and incomepence

Posted by: Spurwing Plover at October 26, 2008 at 12:18 am