November 27, 2006

I would spit on Charles Barron if I saw him in the street

I have zero tolerance for racists and racialist antagonists, and City Councilmember Charles “I want to go up to the closest white person and say ‘You can’t understand this, it’s a black thing’ and then slap him, just for my mental health” Barron is one of the worst in both categories.

We had a tragedy happen over Thanksgiving in NYC, cops killed a man on his wedding day. The man was black so hucksters like Al Sharpton and Barron were immediately on the scene. The cops responsible should be held accountable; 50 shots at unarmed men is 50 shots too many. I don’t think there’s anyone in the city saying anything different.

But Charles Barron won’t be happy until he’s incited a riot:

WNYC: “They’re going to say this is inflammatory… but our people are sick and tired of this, and don’t blame me if there’s an explosion in our community.”

ABC Radio: “There’s no consequences for killing a black person. I am fed-up. I’m not asking my people to do anything passive anymore. We’re going to sit here and we’re going to go in there, and we’re going to pray, we’re going to march, we’re going to do all of that stuff and then we’re going to sit down, and if they don’t respond to none of that, don’t ask us to ask our people to be peaceful while they are being murdered. We’re not the only ones that can bleed.”

Newsday: “It’s still Giuliani time. The mayor will say he’s sorry. He’ll show up to funerals. But he doesn’t change policy. Don’t ask me to be peaceful when they are the ones being murderers.”

Posted by Karol at 09:24 AM |
Comments

I disagree. If you have the right to shoot someone once, you have the right to shoot them 49 more times or how many times it takes. Whether the shooting was an appropriate response to that level of force, is another story, and without more information, no one is in a position to judge.

Posted by: jay at November 27, 2006 at 1:16 pm

The Post reports that the groom to be was behind the wheel and trying to run over the undercover cop. One of the passengers in the car was also allegedly carrying a gun, and the only one of the 5 officers on the scene were white.
Am I insensitive for not feeling sorry for this guy? My advice to anyone, black or white, is don’t try to run over a cop who has his gun aimed at your head.

Posted by: delbrians at November 27, 2006 at 1:17 pm

Have the police issued their side of the story yet, or any accounts of the events leading up to shooting? Sharpton was already marching through Queens before the body turned cold.

Posted by: Marco at November 27, 2006 at 1:18 pm

I hope not. To do a thorough and fair investigation for all the parties involved, it takes some time.

Posted by: jay at November 27, 2006 at 1:30 pm

O.T.: The msm insists on the use of “civil war” but chokes anytime a terrorist is called a terrorist. Blech.

Posted by: jay at November 27, 2006 at 2:17 pm

The claim of the victim attempting to run over a cop who had a gun aimed at his head is absurd. The police were undercover, and had not identified themselves as officers. As far as the victim(s) knew, the officers were criminals. Further, if anyone in the car was carrying a gun, rest assured the police brass would have said so at a press conference. This shooting was clearly unjustified, and I’m confident facts will bear this out. There is no basis whatsoever to shoot unarmed persons 50 times.
As for Sharpton marching through the streets, understand that when extreme and senseless incidents like this occur, family members call him in. As a resident of Queens, I will tell you that his presence is certainly welcome.

Posted by: anonymused at November 27, 2006 at 7:42 pm

The Monday-morning quarterbacks were out in force before Bell’s life was ended. Al (Tawana is my homegirl) Sharpton, who still owes Steve Pagones $$$ from the Brawley Scam, was “comforting” the vic’s fiance the next day. And Charles Barron started in with his usual rhetoric about the brothers rising up.
Fuck You to both of them.
Sharpton, who eats for three full-grown men, somehow manages to live a lavish lifestyle while claiming near-poverty on his tax returns. And don’t get me started on how all the monies from his half-assed presidential run vanished. He still owes the feds hundreds of thousands.
Barron can kiss my lily-white ass. He’s been discredited as a politician (you’ll have to Google for the litany of scandals he’s been involved in). He fires up the “burn baby burn” nonsense at leisure.
Both of these morons should stick to what they do best: stealing money and fanning the flames of racism.

Posted by: MO at November 28, 2006 at 10:00 am

It is mother fuckers like you that make America a hateful country to live in by black people. You enslaved us in the past and mother fucker, your police dogs shoot us down in the streets.
Hide behind your anonymous hate and bile motherfucker. I am going to join the police force for the express purpose shooting and killing white kids to even the playing field. Mother fucker. Every black cop should try it sometime. Revenge kiling is sweet. Motherfuckers!!!!!!!

Posted by: King Chaka at November 28, 2006 at 12:18 pm

Oh crap, is the race war about to start? Nobody told me. I hate how these things always sneak up on you.

Posted by: Yaron at November 28, 2006 at 1:07 pm

your police dogs shoot us down in the streets.

Wow! That’s some seriously trained doggy. I thought mine was good just opening the blinds.
I’ve got to hang with more cops. They can train my pooch right. After all, someone has to shoot them negroes whils’t I at work!

Posted by: Radical Redneck at November 28, 2006 at 2:55 pm

It never ceases to amaze how ho-hum folks are about these incidents and how they save all they’re outrage for the Sharptons and Barrons of the world. They always act like this stuff should happen and no one should raise an objection.
Remember that these guys wouldn’t have a leg to stand on or a mic to speak into if these kinds of incidences didn’t seem to occur on a regular basis. Does anybody remember Amadou Diallo or Timothy Stansbury or Ousmane Zongo? What were they doing to get shot and killed by the police? None of them were trying to assault the cops in any way.
Most whites only respond when a Sharpton raises his manicured head or a Barron makes an extreme statement, but have little or nothing to say about the underlying issues that create the platform for opportunists.
I wonder if a another particular ethnicity other than the usual suspects constantly found themselves in these circumstances, would the indifference be so palpable.
If you believe that these “incidents” can continue to occur, where another family has to bury a male member of its family, and there won’t be a response after awhile, you’re whistling past the graveyard.

Posted by: Dead Prez at November 28, 2006 at 5:39 pm

5 bucks says you’re whiter than Wonder Bread.

Posted by: Shawn at November 28, 2006 at 11:11 pm

I just did two blog posts about this. One of the undercover police officers *did* jump in front of Bell’s car, with a police shield around his neck and announce that he was a cop. Check out my two posts:

Posted by: Zelda at November 29, 2006 at 1:56 pm

dearest King Chakabooga,
It’s true i may have met your mother on the street, but i had no idea you knew about it! Oh, and another thing- they don’t let moron’s join the police department!!! Have a nice day!!

Posted by: smarterthenu at December 8, 2006 at 10:07 pm

Another radical race baiter standing up on his soap box and crying foul why dont CHUCKY BARRON and AL SHARPTON and well as JESSIE JACKASSON get a like and stop trying to make the whole nation bend to their will

Posted by: spurwing plover at December 10, 2006 at 2:51 pm

I guess Santa ain’t comin’ to Brownsville….

Posted by: the Phat Santa party.. at December 23, 2006 at 1:19 pm

I agree with Charles Barron. It’s time for cops to stop killing black people. I agree. A riot, a revolution is the only way because white people simply do not see black peoples’ lives as having value. White people still see black people, especially our children, as being no better than cattle or property – slaves.
I know a friend who has stated on many occasions, “If the cops kill my child, and the white jury let those cops go free, I will go to the most influential white elementary school and shoot up the white children to make a statement that our black children have value too.”
That is a very sad effect of racism. However, I can see and feel his pain. How long are we going to sit by and let police kill, rape, and brutally attack our people. And, to think, everyone was going into hysterics when Ice T released his song, “Cop Killer.”
Bad Cops need to be punished with more than paid suspension. But, history has shown that whites will not see it as a problem until their children are being killed by cops. Just like with gangs and cocaine. Both were not a problem until whites were affected.

Posted by: Tristan at March 14, 2007 at 9:47 pm

Assuming you’re right (which you’re not) about white people not valuing black lives. How, exactly, do you think white people will see the error of their ways if black people resort to violence?

Posted by: Karol at March 14, 2007 at 9:55 pm

For those of you racists, black or white or whatever. Sean Bell was shot not because he was black. Fifty shots were fired, not ‘Sean Bell was shot fifty times’ as some of the activists would twist the facts. NONE of the cops had ever shot their guns on duty and at least one of the bullets hit an Airport Train in an elevated track at least 50 ft. above. It shows how bad shots the cops were. It’s not an excuse but it does increase the odds of stopping a vehicle coming at you. And by the way the first cop to start shooting was black.Those are all facts we know and more that we don’t. So let the lawyers, judge or jury settle this in court and throw you racial crap out the window. If you don’t like the established laws in this land, may I suggest you move to the lawless Tribal Areas north of Pakistan and WHEN you meet the ‘SHEIK’ and his jihadists, don’t be a moron and call yourself an American!

Posted by: Douglas at March 21, 2007 at 1:41 am

It’s amazing how people like Douglas don’t get it! The fact that the first officer to fire was Black is irrelevant–the fact is, there is a mindset in the NYPD that causes these incidents to happen to African American males. When was the last time you heard of a similar incident happening to a White male in New York City? Race is absolutely an issue here; there needs to be training of all NYPD officers in cultural competence vis-a-vis dealing with the Black community. The mere sight of a Black man (or men, as it were) is not a cause for fear.
But then again, maybe you need to be either an African American or an extremely smart Caucasian to understand.

Posted by: anonymused at March 23, 2007 at 7:16 am

What were the occupations of the poor unfortunate
souls who got shot at by the police? You know the ones who were trying to pick up the prostitutes the night before his wedding to his baby momma. Street pharmacist is not a real job.

Posted by: Chaka Zulu at March 25, 2007 at 11:36 pm

[...] short, this man still deserves our collective spit. Posted by Karol at 03:09 PM | Comments Post a [...]

Posted by: That people vote for this loser boggles the mind at December 2, 2009 at 3:09 pm