October 29, 2006

Lazy Weekend

*I definitely get SAD in the Fall.

*My boyfriend 50 Cent is not guilty of plagiarism. So there.

*Get out of cities, return to the trees: DC residents have shortest life spans.

*Dawn sums up a bunch of conversations she had over the weekend. I like being featured in this one:

Me: I think Mr. Pearatty was mad that I told the people at the party that he was a Republican because he thought that people wouldn’t talk to him.

Karol: I’m totally the opposite. I use it to weed out the riff raff. I’m all “I’m a Republican! Now who’s left?”

Me: For the record, I don’t think I got that disclaimer.

Comments

I don’t know if my lifespan feels like it’s going to be shorter, but living in (or, technically, around) DC definitely makes me want to gouge my eyes out. Does that count?

Posted by: Nikhil Bhat at October 30, 2006 at 1:33 am

This statement interested me:
“While longevity rates for Native Americans overall are about the same as those for whites, life expectancy is much lower for Native Americans who live on or near reservations in the West.”
On the Crow Indian Reservation in Montana (where I was raised), there are two leading causes of early death of Indian males under 35:
1. DWI Accidents
2. Bar fights
The reason that death rates vary so much is that people make life style choices. Some life styles result in long lives and other choices result in short lives.

Posted by: Jake at October 30, 2006 at 9:45 am

For example: Choosing to live in DC.

Posted by: ccs178 (Chris) at October 30, 2006 at 11:19 am

Ohh…you read my conversation post! I didn’t realize cause I didn’t see a comment from you.

Posted by: Not Dawn Summers at October 30, 2006 at 1:47 pm

I love this time of year however i do understand people do get a bit testy and depressed when their surroundings are bleak. Also i agree that people make life choices and they define who they are, how they handle things, and even their life expendency.

Posted by: sara at October 30, 2006 at 3:09 pm